I suggest a campaign about ...

NHS to Adopt a Simple App Programme to Reduce Obesity-Related Costs

The Office of National Statistics said obesity is costing the NHS £4.2 billion a year (Social Trends 41 - Health 2011).
At his first speech since the election Health Minister Jeremy Hunt said, on obesity, culture change was needed.
Simon Stevens, Chief Exec of the NHS has called for 'bold action in tackling the rising tide of avoidable diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer......using a full range of tools at our disposal' - prevention is a key factor in the NHS's manifesto for the next 5 years.
I therefore suggest a campaign to request of these two gentlemen that the NHS adopts he Easyloss Programme.
I am one of over 10,000 members of the Facebook Easyloss Virtual Gastric Band Surgery Group. By using a simple £4.99 App I and my fellow-members have consistently lost excess weight. From my own experience it occurred to me 'Think how much the NHS could save from treating obesity-related illnesses'. And the more I thought about it, I came to realise this is a no-brainer, so I dug around on the Internet and found the above statistics and transcripts of Jeremy Hunt and Simon Stevens speeches.
The programme is not a diet, it changes your attitude towards food. You follow 4 simple guidelines, eat what you want, only eat when you're hungry, eat slowly, stop eating when you're no longer hungry. To help stick to the guidelines, you listen to a relaxation/hypnosis session before you go to sleep at night (and once during the day at he beginning to get you going). These sessions simply re-train your mind to want healthy food instead of junk food. It's easy and you lose pounds and inches - just go to the Facebook group page and see. www.easyloss.co.uk

I have no connection with or interest in the business of Easyloss. I simply wish to see the NHS adopt the programme and encourage GPs and healthcare workers to use it to help their patients and maybe just help save our NHS from total collapse.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)