I suggest a campaign about ...

Councils to use agencies that have availability of staff to care for people that need to leave hospital, not let cost be dictating factor.

Local councils should use agencies that have carers available when people need to leave hospital. This would stop bed blocking and prevent people like my poor Dad, (88 years old), from being stuck in a hospital bed for FOUR months!! He is so upset, he has given up and to be honest, I think he will die in there if something is not done soon.

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rosa Marianne HeadRosa Marianne Head shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rosa Marianne HeadRosa Marianne Head commented  · 

Unfortunately, my dad Ken died, on the 28th April. He had another bout of pneumonia, undoubtedly brought on by his weakened immune system, caused by the hospital acquired pneumonia, that he had gone though so many times before. Thank you for nothing social services and council officials, you cut short my dad's life. Hope you're proud of yourselves.

Ken is home at last, after 18 weeks, needlessly, in hospital. Let's keep the votes going, for all the other poor souls like my Dad, caught up in the same dreadful situation. Come on councils and agencies, do something!!

• Sue HetheringtonSue Hetherington commented  · 

This is a lose/lose situation all round. Mr Gurney is a prisoner in a place that is slowly killing him whilst someone who really needs the bed can't have it because it's not free. Also, you and your family are being subjected to dreadful stress. John, do some desk banging with your Wycombe MP. Or try Age Concern or the CAB for some advice. Meantime, impossible as I know it is, please try not to stress out too much or you'll end up in hospital too :)

• Malcolm keepMalcolm keep commented  · 

I would happily pay a bit more tax if it gave elderly people like this the care they need and deserve.

What a disgusting way to treat an old soldier. How dare they!

• Anonymous commented  · 

There is no place like home!! Bring this veteran home for quality of life.

• Anonymous commented  · 

A life must be valued he gave a lot for us its time to repay the debt!! Don't let a long and happy life end on a sad note.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Time this country looked after our own instead of giving money to others (often corrupt so the money lines someone's pocket) that either hate us or can afford space programmes and the like.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think the Council are irresponsible, causing people to stay in hospital unnecessarily (bed-blocking with detriment to the NHS) whilst at the same time playing the austerity card. it's not good enough and high time they remembered it's high they (the Council) got on with delivering for the people who pay for them and their pensions.

• Ms J HollandMs J Holland commented  · 

We are hearing constantly in the media that beds are needed urgently for very sick people in hospitals. Why is this poor man made to stay in one of those urgently needed beds when he's able to go home? Totally unexceptable!

• sheila rowettsheila rowett commented  · 

people get better, quicker in their own home with a little help. hospitals are for very ill people.

• Helen HeadHelen Head commented  · 

Couldn't agree more. Since being in hospital he has had pneumonia twice, when he was well before going in. He can no longer even write where as before he could. He has deteriorated before our very eyes. A totally unacceptable situation. He just want to go home!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base