I suggest a campaign about ...

Making Justice for Child Abuse easier & less traumatic for the child

The statistics show that in 99% of all reported cases of child abuse, the child was actually abused, yet one child being abused is not enough evidence, (without actual physical evidence) to take court action. The law wants more than one child to be abused before it is going to take any action - now how totally twisted and wrong is this?

It is also shocking to hear that in over 90% of cases of sexual abuse to children is done by someone known to the child. So in most cases when the sexual abuse is uncovered it is then swept back under the carpet, so as not to cause a scene, upset people, split up a family or spoil someone's reputation. Is this acceptable, honest, trustworthy adult behaviour? No of course it isn't. Most parents and teachers will tell children they should tell the truth and be honest, then when it comes to crunch time, adults will not do this themselves. They will avoid, hide and even lie rather than face the truth, be honest and do the right thing.

Should we not be doing everything we can in our power to protect our innocent children? Shouldn't we be going with the 99% statistic of abuse, not defending the 1%?

We cannot teach children to be truthful and honest and live with high morals and integrity if we don't do it ourselves and if the laws of society don't support this.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michelle CarterMichelle Carter shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

My sister and I are victims and survivors of incest (molestation by our father.) My sister endured the worst. And our.......biology birth father.......the rapist......was a county deputy sheriff for 30+ years. He was never reported due to fear and through distrust of police enforcement. My heart cries for all the children, young people that have endured.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Im in on this subject Michelle. It must come to a stop with all unjustices in the world...and especially all wrongdoings to children and those that are weaker in society. Sending much love to everyone that are suffering and to you for lifting this question up!

• Suze BensonSuze Benson commented  · 

I have always been appalled by the lack of help and support given to abused children. I DO hope we can all group together and in mass force changes in our system , society and laws to change all of this so that children are protected from the moment this is found out . And I would like to see education in schools all the way through teaching caring for others in life , teaching empathy for others....and hopefully this would also turn the tides of people who would have otherwised harmed children or other classmates,
        had they not been exposed to this .

Feedback and Knowledge Base