I suggest a campaign about ...

Fight the Crown Estate residential property sell off

The Crown Estates has for many generations rented farms and residential properties to the public - the South-West having a substantial part of these. As a result many families have remained in the same properties for years (Often generations). Over the past few years Crown Estates have decided to turn their attentions to developing retail/business assets in... guess where? Yup, London. As a result they need vast amounts of cash to fund this. To get this cash it looks as though they are rapidly selling off swathes of the rural estate. Tenants are being given 2 months to quit - My neighbour is in his 80's and has lived in his home for 50 years. A nearby farmer, whose family have farmed at that location for 3 generations has got to leave. 100's of families are in the same situation. This is the Crown Estate - A Government asset. This seems immoral.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    markp shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

It is immoral, and they have made it absolutely clear that they are not interested in any of the hardships this may cause. It is solely a commercial venture and all other reasons are immaterial. They have not made the concessions they are saying they have, the option to buy
        is at an inflated price. I feel they are working to a hidden agenda, which is only apparent to the advance knowledge given to the Crown. They are not being open to their Tenants who deserve better. Shame on you Crown Estates.

• Aaron Bedford commented  · 

I'm all up for the monarchy staying in London but allow the Countryside to keep its Crown... we are valuable too!

• Jane Goff commented  · 

That's terrible, treading on the little man and of course all about money!

Feedback and Knowledge Base