I suggest a campaign about ...

STOP THE ILLEGAL IVORY TRADE, SAVE ELEPHANTS, RHINOS and other endangered species

I'd read the other day there was a protest in London outside the Chinese Embassy to put pressure on the Chinese Government to make the ivory trade illegal. Apparently there was 150 people there, if I had know I would have gone too. We need to get more involved and get something done. I'd like to start a petition to get 100,000's on signatures to take to No 10 and the Chinese Embassy to SAVE this graceful creatures from extinction. We need to educate people that the herbal remedies do not work and owning ivory a crime. I don't know where to start but we must try and leave something on our planet for our future children. I know that the UK Government is chairing an International meeting tomorrow to try and work out a plan, but the backing of the British people would be amazing too!!
Thank you, Ewen Macaulay

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ewen Macaulay shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Lets hope that we don't find a medicinal or ornamental use for human teeth and consequently find carcasses everywhere, viciously and painfully tortured. That would mean eventually our own self destruction. A bizarre concept - true - but no more bizarre and barbaric than ripping out ivory from elephants. The people who condone this act are vile.

• john owen commented  · 

It is not a crime to own ivory.

I do not approve of how some of it has been obtaine.

But it has to be said that the craftsmanship of some ivory pieces is of an extremely high standard. and was created with very basic tools.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be one of the world's biggest regrets if we let these amazing creatures be exterminated. All because of our inflexible and vain belief that our traditions are more important than the planet we live on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base