I suggest a campaign about ...

Head Teachers - Safeguard the health and development of children in schools

Dear Head Teachers, please take action to safeguard the health and development of pupils in your school by banning the use of mobile/smart phones on school property and using only wired communications for all IT equipment and utility meters. Wi-Fi/2.4GHz signals have been shown in scientific studies to cause biological damage, alter brain activity, increase the proliferation of cancer cells and have a negative effect on fertility. Schools have a legal duty to prevent any damage to the health and development of children. Responses to the government's statements on Wi-Fi safety can be found here: http://wifiinschools.org.uk/resources/SSITA+response+January+2014.pdf.
Calls for you to take action from medical associations and leading scientists can be found here: http://wifiinschools.org.uk/resources/safeschools2012.pdf
Studies finding damage from Wi-Fi/2.4Gz can be found here:
http://wifiinschools.org.uk/30.html.

If action isn't taken then the health, development and fertility of a whole generation of children may be damaged, with possible consequences for future generations. Children have a right to an education, and a right to life.

In so many areas of science at the moment, knowledge is being twisted, confused and manipulated into what is economically and politically convenient. Examples are can be found in climate change, pollution, GM foods as well as the safety of mobile technologies. But when it comes to damaging children, the public deserve to know the truth.

645 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SarahSarah shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

SAVE THE CHILDREN .We must step with caution into the future and learn from the past asbestos,DDT,thalidomide,smoking and XRAY MACHINES in shoe shops to name a few .
        WHY DIE FOR WI FI MY CHILD DID WILL YOURS ?

• Anna ThornhillAnna Thornhill commented  · 

Please take this seriously. I have personal experience of electro-sensitivity and how it is affecting our brains and nervous systems. There is plenty of research to prove the point - it is all being hushed up for convenience and profit.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sarah, have you posted your ideas / research on any social media sites? Just wondering how else to spread the word on this. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The fact that a number of other European countries are cosidering banning or limiting wifi in schools shows that this is a genuine threat to childrens' health. I am dismayed that the risks are not more widely known and discussed in the UK.

• John MaloneyJohn Maloney commented  · 

There is little known about WiFi dangers in my area. As they have introduced into my children's secondary school I feel I must now take sope action.

• LindaLinda commented  · 

Dear Sarah,
        Do you think it is a problem if a teacher uses their smartphone constantly in the classroom? My 10 year old goes to a Steiner school without wifi, but his teacher loves her iPhone. Some of the parents would like her to have her phone in flight mode most of the time. Would the teacher's iPhone emissions be unhealthy for our children and what evidence is there for us to present to the teacher as an argument and justification? Thank you very much for your work.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I strongly recommend that everyone reads Martin Blank's new book, 'Overpowered.' He is an expert independent scientist who has knowledge across the scientific spectrum in biology, physics, and chemistry. He has been researching the area of EMF effects on health for over thirty years. This book is for the layperson, and is very accessible, presenting the science from the most key research, the way EMF science has been conducted, and the information on how current standards for exposure are set along the lines of thermal effects, already found to be obsolete, when literally thousands of independent studies demonstrate bio-effects at levels far below thermal effects from non-ioninsing (wifi) radiation. 'Overpowered' came out last month and is available from Amazon UK. For anyone who needs to know the complete picture: this is THE book. I noted today that a couple of parent film-makers in the States are making a documentary about the dangers of wifi, especially to children, called 'Generation Zapped,' which is being crowd-funded.

• john owenjohn owen commented  · 

This could be acheived quite easily there are means byu which all mobile device signals can be blocked in a given area. Some restaurants used to use them, I believe.

Pupils texting and even ringing each other in lessons is a problem in some schools its a huge poroblem. I've heard of kids who can't even read and write properly sending texts they have written under the desk when they can't even see the screen.

No pupil needs a personal mobile device during the school day. Block them all.

On the same topic, I'd rather not have a facility on my wifi hub and do switch the hub off when I'm not on the net. I won't have a mobile phone. Yet my home is bombarded with signals from all the phone companies and from several internet providers 24 hrs a day can someone tell me how to stop that.

• Mary ErdemMary Erdem commented  · 

Act before it's to late !!!!!

• SarahSarah commented  · 

Cancer can take decades to develop. Even so, the WHO announced this week that we need effective cancer prevention to prevent a cancer crisis. http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2014/pdfs/pr224_E.pdf

But this is not just a cancer issue. Wi-Fi and mobile phones have been shown to have a wide range of damaging effects, such as decreasing fertility, altering brain development and function, even reducing the amount of oxygen carried in the blood. Children deserve to be able to go to school without being damaged. No matter how much tablet computers are pushed in education, no matter how popular they are, ignoring the evidence and damaging children is wrong.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are millions of wi-fi sites now, most homes have one now, where are all the cancer victims?, by now ,according to the figures there should be millions more.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

in the meantime - anyone know of a primary school without wifi - we cant find one in Berkshire?

• Lee ModenLee Moden commented  · 

well done....time people woke up to the actual damage that's being done rather than pretend their convenience is more important.....anyway, show me the research that says Ipads/ipods etc are educationally more beneficial than going outside or learning from tactile, real experiences!

• Stephen McGillStephen McGill commented  · 

Stephen McGill

I posted links re the Danish cancer statistics and general silence around the issue. One is in Danish, wiht further links. The microwave news article is informative, with helpfull links.

My basic interpretation is that the observations are extremely grave, and no one wants the job of telling the people. On the other hand, the central question that begs is why Denmark, and not epidemiologically comparable nations such as Norway and Sweden. Is there a different way of registering cancer incidence? Or is there something unique occurring in Denmark?
        http://www.helbredssikker-telekommunikation.dk/nyheder/stor-stigning-i-hjernekr%C3%A6ft-i-danmark-viser-nye-tal-fra-serum-instituttet

http://microwavenews.com/news-center/something-rotten-denmark.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is a very important campaign, to protect everyone in schools. Non-wired technology needs to carry health warnings. The media seems to be too dependent on the telecommunications industry for funding through advertising, to take a part in this aspect of health education. It is being normalised because it is ever prevalent, like smoking was. May we get the health issues out there sooner, for the health of all.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have been living in a Faraday cage for years, because i became sensitive to a mast near my house, wifi in class rooms is just as bad, is it not time the government rejected ICNIRP, and start to protect the living, instead of apologizing to the dead as it usually does

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thanks for this warning!! We are still fighting...

• GordonGordon commented  · 

Typical of the current mentality wait for the statistics to show how many people/children have been affected before anything is done. The trouble is by then the damage is done and irreversible.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How soon they bringing this in??

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base