I suggest a campaign about ...

ATOS - Unfit for 2014 Commonwealth Games

Atos are employed by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to carry out assessments on sick and disabled people. As widely reported in the mainstream media, more than 2,200 people have died before the the 'fit for work' assesment has been completed. Meanwhile, tens of thousands of sick and disabled people have had their Social Security Benefit removed, reducing them to penury and extreme poverty.

Atos have been chosen as a major sponsor of the Commonwealth Games 2014. We say that ATOS is not fit to be a sponsor and therefore call on the Glasgow 2014 Ltd Organising Committee to remove Atos as a sponsor of the Commonwealth Games 2014.

This campaign is already backed by the following organisations:

Black Triangle: Anti-defamation Campaign
Citizens United against Public Sector Cuts
Glasgow Against Atos
Glasgow Games Monitor
Renfrewshire Anti-cuts Committee
Scottish Tenants Organisation
Scottish Unemployed Workers Network
Unite Community Membership

108 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    IainIain shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carly thielkeCarly thielke commented  · 

A recent story in the oxford mail. A male who weighed 5 1/2 stone was assessed by these people who then took his money. He had 40 pound per week to survive on and lost his housing benefit and others. This gentleman died. These people are not health care professionals that make judgements on individuals illness or situation. They are government workers who have NO health expertise whatsoever. Why are they making decisions about people's health ?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

i am a disabled adult who feels persecuted by DWP and ATOS.

there have been many suicides among the sick and disabled because of the way ATOS handle the Work Capability Assessment. without a wonderful GP, friends and family i could have been among them.

the disabled are unable to speak for themselves which is why the government are targeting them.

please be a voice for the voiceless

• Anonymous commented  · 

ATOS are more worried about the bottom line rather than the correct outcome and decision.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Atos are despicable, effectively making money out of people's discomfort and misery. So the sponsorship will mean the Commonwealth Games are being subsidised by people's discomfort and misery. I therefore support the idea of a petition to try to stop it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Strongly support the campaign to remove ATOS from the sponsorship role.

Feedback and Knowledge Base