I suggest a campaign about ...

An Inalienable Human Right Protected By Law To An Equal Claim To The Use Of Land.

An Inalienable Human Right Protected By Law To An Equal Claim To The Use Of Land.

We hear that the government are promising more poverty for us AND our grandchildren for many years to come. What a depressing thought!

Poverty is defined as "having no means with which to support yourself" and so, land stewardship for the individual would return that means and would go a long way toward ending poverty.

Human beings and land are inseparable. Every human being due the the fact that he exists has an equal natural right to use the natural resources in his/her locale. Land ownership removes the very basic means with which to support yourself and your family making you reliant on, and so a burden on others.

Land ownership is an antiquated idea that benefits only the minority and should be phased out.

No body that I have asked would refuse land. Would YOU?

If you would like your own land then please vote.

223 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KeithKeith shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LaurieLaurie commented  · 

I would love to own my own patch as a supposedly free man in a free common land . What a load of tosh we are all modern day slaves of England , how about talking up a revolution or national strike ?????????

• Johnny Flores-male earthlingJohnny Flores-male earthling commented  · 

Yes. I would accept the gift of land, that nature would afford me and allow me to be its steward so that it will be cared for all the days i live and at my death be gifted to its next starchild. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

you only own and control that which you create.that is what you are sovereign over

• Anonymous commented  · 

the american indians believed the white man to be insane in his belief that a man could own land .they didnt even have a concept for such in their culture,as they constantly moved about depending upon weather,agriculture,and herd migration.for a man to believe he owns what God has made is as laughable as saying Columbus discovered America.imagine the look on the Indians faces as he puts some flag in the ground and says to the people who are already living here for thousands of years that he has discovered it.its like someone coming here from canada and going on your front lawn,sticking a flag in the ground and saying he discovered your yard.

• MaggieMaggie commented  · 

Good post. We should all have land to live and be resouceful with.

• libtylibty commented  · 

everything that can be taken from you will be taken from you

• ShelbyShelby commented  · 

Does anyone know how much land it takes to feed one human over a average life-span?

• Denis-PeterDenis-Peter commented  · 

We are all One,
        The Land is One,
        We are One with the Land.

• Ashley ParkinsonAshley Parkinson commented  · 

Ownership is theft, no one owns the land and eveyone owns the land, that is freedom, anything else is oppression.
        Wake up brothers, poverty is created by ownership!

• damien aldcroftdamien aldcroft commented  · 

I'd just like to add this quote

"No one can rationally argue that they OWN land, without, relying on the argument of history where (as we know) the initial acquisition and thus ownership was by the use of FORCE."

• KeithKeith commented  · 

The point is that just because we're born into a world where in the past those with access to enough force decided that all land belongs to them, doesn't mean that it's right, or more importantly that it's not something we can't reverse, ... because, WE CAN!

Remember, those that took the land ALSO made the laws that prevent the rest of us from making use of it, without offering vast sums of money to the "owners".

As I said, land and humans go together, and NO ONE has the right to hold more than is reasonable.

Imagine if whales could speak. How ridiculous it would be if they said that they had taken ownership of all the water in the sea.

I take it you'd decline your share Anonymous?! :D

• bodgebodge commented  · 

Whats wrong with ideals?

• Anonymous commented  · 

please vote for what? what do you expect to happen if 90% of world population voted? this is idealistic only.

To nature we are as indifferent than a swarm of bees. Land was "owned" by humans because of our so called "superior brains". Is a "tree" owned by a wasps nest, is the ocean owned by the fish, is the air owned by the birds. We have been "trained" to think of "Ownership" instead of stewardship.

I just want to add a little bit of an explanation to add clarity to my idea.

What does "all human beings are born equal" mean? ... and ... is it the truth?

All human beings are a product of nature first and formost. Is this true? I think it seems to be. There is no favouritism in nature. This I think is also true. If nature decides that a foetus isn't going to reach full term then it doesn't, full stop. Meaning, if there is any abnormality during growth that is severe enough, the unborn baby will die before it is born ... regardless of who it's parents are and where on Earth they are!

A baby that is born, whatever its measure of health, is born with no higher natural right to exist than the next baby. Both are EQUALLY entitled to life and both are EQUALLY entitled to exist, just by the very fact that they do exist. There is no distinction between the two. None.

So seeing that nature produces live hunam beings without favouritism, it then follows that all human beings are born equal in all rights to life and all that life has to offer.

We can shorten this to "all human beings are born equal".

Tadaaaaa ... so it IS true!!

Human beings and land are inseparable. Land is part of the environment that sustains our life. Without land to exist on, we wouldn't exist as we do. Because all humans are born equal, no one can rationally argue that they have more right to a larger than equal share of our land, can they?

Because land is an integral part of our existence, it is something that we cannot do without. It is as much a part of our existence as our bodies are. That's how tightly bound we are to it. Our individual right to claim land as part of who and what we are is inalienable, because of the truth of the above. By being a human being born on planet earth, inalienability is thrust upon each and every one of us.

As far as I can work out, this is the reality of our situation. If I'm wrong on any point then please feel free to correct me. It's important that this argument is based not some complicated or irrational legal "theory" (idea), but based fully on "what is" in reality.

The truth.

Thanks for your vote and comment bodge.

I do have a problem with land ownership. Land ownership is an idea only. In it's present form it's based on the historical acquisition of land by FORCE. Those who took our land used the FORCE of Law to ensure the IDEA of land ownership endured ... and so far, it has.

The rest of your points I agree with. :)

I dont have a problem with people owning land. I do however have a problem with people owning thousands of acres of land and dont do anything at all with it and that they refuse to allow people to even walk on it. Greed, unnecessary regulation and stupidity prevents good acreage of arable land from being used.

Feedback and Knowledge Base