I suggest a campaign about ...

Gary McKinnon -

The Home Secretary has said today she will make a decision in mid October about whether Gary should be extradited to America on hacking charges. When in opposition both members of the Coalition said they would support Gary who has Asperger syndrome. The Government claim that they want to make life fair for people with autism so what is fair about making Gary wait for an answer. The answer is easy "no extradition". He wasn't "hacking" for secrets he was looking for evidence of UFOs. The US Government should applaud him for highlighting the gaps in their security systems. Vote a big resounding "NO" to extradition for this very vulnerable young man and give him and his family their life back!

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ann GriffinAnn Griffin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

America didn't sign their half of the reciprocal extradition treaty between the UK and the US. Theresa May should tell the Americans that she'll only consider extradition of British nationals once they've signed.

The Americans should employ Gary to help them beef up their Internet security, not prosecute him.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many more assessments does he need? It's pretty obvious that he should be allowed to stay.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel strongly that it would be totally unfair and it would actually be a crime to extradite Gary to America. Surely there must be a way to deal with this in the U.K ?

• Lisa DayneLisa Dayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely do NOT extradite this man with ASD. I will be furious if you did. No way. Mr Cameron vowed he would not if he was elected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base