I suggest a campaign about ...

New park to protect the settign of Hampton Court Palace

Gladedale Homes has a planning permission for a disasterous hotel and multi-storey flat development on the banks of the Thames opposite Hampton Court Palace. I have filed a planning application to create a new park to protect the setting of Hampton Court Palace.
More details here http://residents-association.com/news/boatman.php
and you can see a short youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebz2dS9D4E&feature=youtu.be
Gladedale are funded by Lloyds Bank. We need more people to respond to the Elmbridge Council supporting my application and pressure on Lloyds and Gladedale to stop their development.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew RobertsAndrew Roberts shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew RobertsAndrew Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to update you all. We had over 700 letters of support and planning permssion has now been granted by Elmbridge. A big step forwqard. We had support from Surrey and Richmonf Council, Historic Royal Palaces, Campaign for Rural England, Thames Landscaped Strategy, Brentford Community Council, London Parks and Garden Trust and many, many others, The next step is to try and negotiate a deal with Lloyds Bank and Gladedale. Without the support of the likes of 38 Degress to Lobby government, we wont get there.

• Dan HoneyDan Honey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An excellent opportunity to preserve for prosperity a beautiful river vista not destroyed by insensitive gross corporate greed that historically seems always to ignore public opinion.
        Hello Elmbridge Council.

• Karen LiddellKaren Liddell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This landscaping scheme will provide an amenity for both the large number of visitors to the area & the local community as oppose to the Gladedale over development that will contribute nothing and destroy the setting of the River Thames & Hampton Court Palace, an area of international significance. Please pass the word around to add support comments to the Elmbridge website via the link above. The Council needs to be shamed into withdrawing its support for the Gladedale scheme.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This development to landscape the Jolly Boatman site directly opposite Hampton Court Palace will preserve the setting and views of Hampton Court Palace and Hampton Court Bridge, and will maintain the rural setting of the River Thames for posterity.

It will also avoid ruining the setting of Hampton Court Palace and the horrendous traffic gridlock in the Hampton Court Way which the alternative huge, high density and urban development of flats and retail units and a two storey underground car park will cause.

It also avoids damage to the ecology and wildlife of the River Mole/Ember, to the River Thames and to Hampton Court Bridge, designed by Lutyens. It respects and responds to the strongly held views of both local residents and visitors against the development but in favour of landscaping the site.

• Paul JohannsenPaul Johannsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This alternative development will enhance the legacy of the palace and the river and engage local people,the tourists and users of the station.

• Craig WilliamsCraig Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly support this, the Gladedale proposal looks horrendous and this is the perfect solution. good luck.

• Rakesh KotechaRakesh Kotecha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Renderings look great and this is an excellent proposal which I think will have a very positive effect on the surrounding area.

Feedback and Knowledge Base