I suggest a campaign about ...

Nationalise the banks we bailed out and use them to provide low interest loans to businesses and for research

We should nationalise the banks we bailed out and use them to provide low interest loans to small and medium sized businesses (who provide the majority of employment in the UK) and to provide low or zero interest loans to research, experiments and new technologies which could have major long term returns (plus non-monetary benefits to society as a whole), but which private banks and investors won't invest in as there are no short term profits to be made from them.

Despite £375 billion of "quantitative easing" money provided to them the UK's banks are still not loaning money to small and medium sized businesses at any viable interest rate, for fear that if their reserves aren't high enough speculators will target them. Only government backed banks have the confidence to loan money - so since we've paid to bail them out, nationalise them and use them to loan it at reasonable rates and provide any new quantitative easing payments not to banks but to the majority in benefits, one off payments and low interest loans to businesses, charities and scientific researchers.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Duncan McFarlaneDuncan McFarlane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...