I suggest a campaign about ...

Support the extension of the 2000 right to roam act to include access to waterways and riverbank

In 2000 the CROW act was passed granting public access to moor mountain and common land. The right of access to waterways and river bank was removed at the last gasp.
Many of us who enjoy travelling by kayak and canoe feel we have been forgotten in the public access debate our voices overwhelmed by those of the wealthy landowners, many of whom seek to restrict access to public navigations. This denial of access is indicative the attitude of the wealthy who wish to maintain thier perfect country idyll only for themselves urbanites and commoners must be kept out at all costs. This campaign is an extension of the mass trespass movement of the pre war era that led to the creation of national parks and eventually the crow act. The countryside and our waterways are our collective cultural heritage and should be able to be enjoyed by all. Thank you for reading and I hope that you agree with me.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...