I suggest a campaign about ...

Keep the national public pay rate. (Equal pay for equal roles not reduced pay in poorer areas.)

George Osborne is due to announce in his bugdet statement that he will be ending national public pay rates and that public service staff working in poorer areas of the country will be payed less. There needs to be a strong case made against these plans and mass public protests. The people need to show the government that we won't accept it by standing up together and making our voices heard. This will start to take us back to the dark ages. This will only bring serious inequality and undermine the both public and private sector. Reducing the pay of the poorest people in the most deprived areas of the country is absolutely sick and abhorrent! It just shows how disconnected and backwards this government is. The private sector needs to improve its pay rates and pensions in line with the public sector instead of the public sector reducing pay and cutting pensions.
Hopefully 38 Degrees will make a case against it. If everybody writes to their MP then that is a start. This just makes no sense. Reducing public sector pay in poorest areas will not make private companies increase pay but give them an excuse to carry on paying lower rates
I fail to see how this will help the economy because who is going to want to move to the poorer parts of the country when you get payed less for doing the same job but potentially working much harder because society is unhealthier, because there will be an increase in mental illness in these deprived areas, an increase in drug and alcohol use, an increase in divorce and poorer education because the best teachers won't do the jobs in these areas and people will become trapped in poverty.
Who spends the money in shops, restaraunts, hair dressers and on building extensions to their homes etc??. . . Millions of public sector workers do and they wont be able to afford to do this any more so how does this help stimulate growth in the economy when buisness will lose so much income? The answer is that it does not. Every single person from the private sector and public sector from across all fields and areas of work should be standing up together and telling the government that we will not allow them to do this. There will be serious inequalities in health and social care and serious inequalities in education and that impacts on all of us.
The gap of inequality and deprivation in society will grow expenentially and we must stop this from happening. People must see that this is just morally wrong and we all need to spread the word, use social networking, write to the papers, write to the MP’s and Prime Minister and join the movement 38 Degrees if they have not already. This must not be allowed to happen! We must tell George Osborne and this governent that we are the people and you will listen to us. The bankers are protected with their immoral, rediculous and indefensible bonuses because “if they are not allowed to have them then they might leave the country” I say let them leave! This clearly does not apply to the Nurses, Teachers, Firefighters, Police Officers, Radiographers, Social Workers and all other public sector workers. Already public sector workers are expected to have a pay freeze, contribute more to their pensions, work for longer and receive less and now we can expect to be payed less for doing the same job in poorer parts of the country where demand on these hard working and valuable members of society will be greater.
This makes me so very angry and I am sure that millions across the country feel the same. This government is out of touch, devious and slowly but surely destroying the foundations of our society. It must stop and the people must make it stop! Come on people stand up and be heard!

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James OsbenJames Osben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul CavePaul Cave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not so sure on this. We've had London weighting for years and no-one's bitched about that really. I do wish the Govt would have raised the pay of the people who live in more expensive areas rather than reduce it for those in poorer areas.

I do think the MPs should be subject to this.

• Martin PriceMartin Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. If government are so keen, it should be piloted with MPs, based on their constituency, not London. They should vote for the pilot; take a pay cut immediately to the level for their area pegged to 3rd sector pay levels: lower managers for MPs, middle managers for ministers; CEO for PM only; then after 5 years of it, vote to keep it. Only then should they be considering regional pay for public sector workers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base