I suggest a campaign about ...

Monsanto seed patent

Monsanto is in the process of acquiring and patenting their newest technology, known as "Terminator Technology." This technology is currently the greatest threat to humanity. If it is used by Monsanto on a large-scale basis, it will inevitably lead to famine and starvation on a worldwide basis.....
I have recently been horrified to read articles like this that inform us that seeds are being genetically modified - to resist pestacides (like Monsantos Roundup) and to become sterile so that farmers will have to buy seeds each year. big bucks for the seed sellers and more power to these huge corporations to control what we eat!
worryingly crops can be polluted by pollentation etc and then become sterile etc without the farmers knowledge - how long will it take for the whole world to become infected? what about the poorer countries that cannot afford seeds each year? what health problems will these GMO foods create for us humans?
I am just little me with not a very big voice but I am frightened enough by this to do something about it

226 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SarahSarah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JHJH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SYNGENTA a descendant of ICI in the UK are also involved in the Terminator Seed technology.

Say No to GM food. GM food industry is like any other for-profit industry... they are in it for the money.

This website covers the issues well...

www.banterminator.org/The-Issues/Introduction

• Julia DixonJulia Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please say NO to gmo at every opportunity. The governemnt is currently trying to convince us that gmo is a good thing for the UK but most countries are trying to keep it out. There are no benefits for us. Gmo will harm the land, the waterways, other plants, insects, wildlife and human health. Just look at the problems gmo is causing in America and other countries where it has been introduced. Let's keep it out of the UK.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The EU authorised the use of GMO's at a meeton on the 18th October attended by Monsantro and a company called spearhead Intl who have been buying up thoiusands of hectres of farm land in eastern europe. this must be stopped. for more infor watch the following documentaries online. Genetic Roulette and The Future of Food

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think a lot of people even take any notice or think where their food actually comes from or is produced & the great harm the last 50 years of chemicals, pollution, fertilizers, intensive farming has had on land & quality of the end product. So shortsighted, it just gets worse & worse for our future generations to be well & enjoy what is fast disappearing in the name of profit. Once again it will affect all.

• Lauren DenneyLauren Denney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one gets my vote, something has to stop this company holding the whole world to ransom with their gm seeds - they are the worst company in the world for green and human rights issues - profit before people must be stopped.

It may have been said

But if they resist round up

They need a button to stop them, or they will surely become the worst weed ever. So needing to buy the seed each yr is a good idea.

See it?

• TammyTammy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Sarah for taking the initiative to start a petition, Lets hope someone takes notice.

• Georgia WisbeyGeorgia Wisbey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for flagging this up Sarah.... let's hope there is enough outcry that they have to rethink.... or even better, someone with legal know-how could put on more pressure through the EU and various other bodies etc...... will pass on your email ... xxx lol

• ClareClare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very worrying that even something so small and valuable is now being controlled by greedy business men!! It definitely gets my vote.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Sarah, this is horrific!!! Also what is the nutritional value of a seed that is designed to kill itself? Furthermore, all living things are intimately linked genetically, so what possible effect could this self annihilating gene have on our human genetic sensitivity?
        I support all healthy scientific research, but some researchers go too far by studying with blinkers on regarding collateral effects of their work in areas outside their knowledge.
        I will certainly sign up, thanks for letting me know
        With much love
        Dad

38 votes?! That says it all, this site is clearly controlled, either that or you are all thick as the shit you will be eating if this happens :)

• Lionel WildeLionel Wilde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not qualified to make an educated comment on this issue, but I am most worried that such research, which may have begun with good intent, is put into effect without a complete understanding of the repercussions. Where humanity's food is concerned it is vital that all such research is adequately monitored by qualified researchers who have absolutely no financial interests in it. In the light of so little current control I would ask that this issue is given urgent attention. Thank you for your assistance.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many issues in this world that have taken my interest but non have made me active,until this one. I have been aware of Monsanto's work for a number of years since reading an article about the use of Agent Orange over the country of Vietnam whilst the US were there at war!! This has caused severe medical and vegetation problems for the poor people of south east Asia,ever since!!!! In buying up many seed companies from around the world Monsanto will hope too hold a monopoly on the worlds food growers ability to grow food that is available too market. As the plant is sterile and will only yield a years crop,it holds very little nutritional value if any at all for the consumers,the farmers are forced to buy more seed and seed that is genetically modified to withstand the use of the chemical herbicide ROUNDUP. In controlling the farmer into sowing only GMO seed,this restricts the soils ability to recover from not only the crop but also the herbicide,Monsanato will become the worlds leader in the manufacture of all food types.I have signed this too show my support I suggest you do the same for it is within your life time and your children's life time that it is possible to forget what real food tastes and feels like,buy locally sourced or proven organic produce,this will help in driving an alternative to mass produced chemical food that suits no-BODIES!!!!

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Genetically modified foods do not create any benefits - it does not improve the taste, life or nutritional value of the food.
        GMO only creates risks (big risks) - and more money for the greedy, powerhungry corporations making them

Feedback and Knowledge Base