I suggest a campaign about ...

Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot coal. This march could be organised with the help of other organisations.

4,505 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dodgydosserdodgydosser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

404 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am copying the posting of another. Good idea!
        Organise a huge march against the Health & Social Care Bill

The only thing keeping the bill on track is Cameron's support. The Tories are terrified that this will become their Poll Tax. Let's make it that. If enough people come out on the streets, they will drop the bill like a hot

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry if I'm preaching to the converted but a march needs to be properly organised by the TUC and other organisations with stewards etc otherwise people will be worried about attending.

Time to take to the streets for our NHS. The Tories hate it. Always have. Always will. Don't let them destroy it.

I fully agree with you Mary & Dermot. I'm trying to swell the numbers by encouraging people to join 38 degrees & other internet democratic groups protesting about the issue, by making my own hand outs too.

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have to undertake this March of Millions to show the Government that no-one wants this NHS Reform Bill. Only those with financial interests in the healthcare industry appear to want this bill to go through. It isn't too late to object !! The only way to stop this bill and to stop the destruction of the NHS is to get as many as possible out onto the streets. Let's make this health bill this government's poll tax !

• Dermot O'BrienDermot O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an undemocratic Bill with no mandate. This authoritarian government must be fought. Don't think that the final reading of this Bill is the end of it. We will fight and fight. I support the coalition of GPs who plan to put up candidates against Tory and LibDem who support this Bill. They will get payback for their treachery.

• Ian HilesIan Hiles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What on Earth does it take to get these people to wake up and smell the surgical spirit? The support for this bill is miniscule. The bill itself is flawed, and doesn't guarantee anything that it promises. No matter which party was making the proposal, it needs to be stopped.

i am a healthcare worker who has worked in the NHS foryears. The NHS is the best thingto have ever come out of this countgry. Do not let these unelected Tory/Condem poiliticians destroy this wonderful health service and sellitoff to the private sector. We need to call for a mass mobilisation now and for a generalstrike to folloiw. This sheer vandalism must not go unanswered. I am with you all the way.

To thine ownself be True, than as surely as night follows day you won't be false to anyone! It is OUR NHS - It is NOT for sale - People before Profit...

• SusieTSusieT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A march is a good idea and we'd better be quick about it but this won't be a Poll Tax moment for the Tories. The Poll Tax directly affected everybody; they could see and understand at the drop of a letter on the mat from their local council that it was unfair. With the Health & Social Care Bill, most people don't understand what is going on. Coverage in the media has been scant and oblique and the government is being devious and obfuscatory. How many people realise that parts of the Bill are already being enacted before the Bill even receives Royal Assent? The Bill is due to be passed on 1st April - and it won't be an April Fool's Joke.

Am I mistaken that there has to be a final vote in the House of Commons after Mon? It CAN'T become law until it's had the Royal Assent from the Queen, which is why I'm plugging this 38 degrees thread like crazy. http://38degrees.uservoice.com/forums/78585-campaign-suggestions/suggestions/2666802-40-days-to-block-royal-assent-to-the-health-bill?tracking_code=40a65f4e899df197968808367c90cd53
        We're allowed to support more than 1 thread!

1 2 5 7 9 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base