I suggest a campaign about ...

Freedom of Information must not be restricted

The Freedom of Information Act is being reviewed by the House of Commons Justice Committee which is likely to recommend changes to the law.

This could be an important opportunity to improve the Act. But there is also significant pressure for new restrictions from public authorities lobbying for new exemptions or concerned about the cost of dealing with FOI requests. In particular, there is pressure for fees to be to be introduced and for it to be made easier for authorities to refuse requests on cost grounds.

We urge the Government to strengthen the Act and resist pressure for new restrictions.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Katherine Gundersen Campaign for FOIKatherine Gundersen Campaign for FOI shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are things that our governments (past and present) allegedly do not want us to know as it is allegedly not in the interest of a small self-percieved elitist group.

As is this is allegedly a long standing policy of successive governments do we have the right to question their intentions?

Feedback and Knowledge Base