I suggest a campaign about ...

stopping the water companies charging extortionate prices for their services

The profits made by the water companies are absolutely outrageous! I live alone in a small flat and pay more than my friend who lives in the same area in a 3 bedroom house with a front and back garden! I've been told that I cannot have a water meter as I share a water supply with my neighbours. I have written to my councillor and MP and got nowhere.Now the water companies have informed us that they are putting the charges up 5%. Why is the government not challenging this?! I can't believe people are so complacent about this matter. We cannot live without water so the companies can charge whatever they want and get away with it. No matter how low your income is; even if you are on benefits you will get NO help with these charges. I think it is immoral and the water supply should be in the hands of the government not in the hands of the company's shareholders so that they can make a fat profit out of everyone. 38 degrees should campaign to get this unfair situation addressed.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...