I suggest a campaign about ...

Reform and better policing of the Safeguarding policy for vulnerable adults.

The policy of Safeguarding for vulnerable adults is being used indiscriminately, often seeking to cover up the inadequacies of those agencies providing care (that is, social service departments, and contracted providers).

The existing framework of the policy is not fit for purpose; often playing into the hands of abusers themselves; effictively providing them with a safe haven. It then becomes easier to blame families and carers who give of themselves to the point of exhaustion in providing care for those they love. The authorities become the abusers; and this constitutes the most insiduous form of abuse - that is, the institutionalised kind.

Families are being bullied and intimidated through the Courts; the Court of Protection being rendered ineffective because of the tactics of some social workers who seek to excuse their own incompetence, with devastating results for individuals, and their carers.

What is needed is greater sanction against those departments who perpetrate this kind of abuse; against individuals within those departments; and greater jsutice for those families wrongly accused.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Betty Fisher - MrsBetty Fisher - Mrs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...