I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,393 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline GouldCaroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

533 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barbara ClarkBarbara Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that we are talking about a ban in 2012. This should have been in place for years. Ban snares NOW.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is like turning the clock back to Dickens time when all "tooth and claw" was persecuted by gamekeepers et al.
        Luckily there are only a few who use snares now but still enough to make us all protest as loudly as possible.

• sue hawkinssue hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately we have them here on Crete too and have been looking after a cat since Nov 2011 and he is just about healed now, Feb 2012. Didn't know they still had them in the UK.......

• Alan SeymourAlan Seymour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These Barbaric things should have been band years ago, They are so cruel to think an animal left to die in one of these is disguisting an sick, so act NOW and BAN them !!!!

• PaulaPaula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why oh why do we need snares anyway? to answer my own question - we don't - ban them, then empower the land owners to enforce the ban on their land. I've seen the pictures that Caroline has taken and have seen animals cruely treated - all done by sub-humans.BAN BAN BAN

• Anne-MarieAnne-Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are no need for snares anywhere. This needs to banned now!! How they haven't been banned already is beyond me! They are barbaric!

• LACHEVRUELACHEVRUE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tout piège est infâme et ne devrait plus exister. Nous ne sommes plus au Moyen âge. C'est une honte, un scandale et inadmissible. Piéggeage et braconnage sont deux plaies et ceux qui s'y adonnent devraient être très sévèrement punis. Danielle from France.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a cruel way to catch animals and pets alike and is prehistoric! Even if they don't die from their wounds, they may die from septicemia/// Jax xx

1 2 5 7 9 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base