I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,399 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

534 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Are we in the 21st Century? I thought these practices were something employed in the dark age when there was no choice and life was about survival and it was truly hard. Obviously I am wrong.... There are lots of unintended consequences in using snares regardless of the inhumane practice this is, for both other animals, pets and children - perhaps your child or grandchild, but those who choose to use snares have not given this aspect sufficient thought - until one day there is an accident.....hindsight is a great thing to have - why wait. Please find an alternative. It is so unnecessary.

• Paulene Struthers commented  · 

We shouldn't have to campaign for this, it should be common sense. Where is the compassion in our society

• Gill commented  · 

I cannot see how leaving a bit of cheese wire lying around in the open is even remotely a sane thing to do. To then assume that it will catch and cut to ribbons only your target species is beyond comprehension. These things are on sale for a pittance when they should be outlawed due to the damage they do and the suffering they cause.

• Roger W commented  · 

It is about time this barbaric practice came to an end.

• Eve commented  · 

It is a disgrace. I'm with 38 degrees, so let's hope it helps to end these barbaric acts.

• David Maunder commented  · 

There is no possible justification for the use of these vicious devices on any living creature.

• Dr Mike Berwick commented  · 

Snares are indiscriminate and inhumane. They cause unimaginable, prolonged suffering. Such barbarity has no place in modern civilised society. Please help to ban them.

• Anonymous commented  · 

God what sort of socity do we live in ? how can people even think about treating a being in this way?

• lisa cohen commented  · 

ban these evil things, we are not a civilised society while humans are allowed to use these barbaric, cruel, evil snares

• mrs.pearl kemp commented  · 

i support this ban on no snares its exremely cruel and the animals endure a lot of pain.

• Rachel simon commented  · 

I support a ban on these barbaric snares.

• Claire Katrina Turner commented  · 

The use of snares to catch wild animals is not only barbaric and outdated, it also causes needless suffering when there are such things as humane traps which can then be used to transport a wild animal to another area and then released.

• Wendé Anne Maunder commented  · 

This initiative is not before time. I live in the rural countryside and it is common to find dead animals attached to these cruel, cruel snares. Sometimes the animal has tried to chew its own leg off in it's frenzy to escape from the pain. These are monstrous and there is no place for them in a civilised society.

1 2 23 24 25 27 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base