I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,399 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

534 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve Rogers commented  · 

Snares cause horrific injuries to wild animals e.g. hedgehogs, badgers, deer, fox. One type was banned around 20 years ago but the so-called "safer" ones are still being used. It is time for a total ban (though how this might be enforced on private shooting estates worries me as they still seem to be killing all our hen harriers).

• Julien Crowther commented  · 

They should be banned everywhere....... but England would be a start. These cruel and barbaric methods should have been consigned to history long ago.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I will support a ban.. where do I sign...

• John Miskelly commented  · 

Its shameful that we allow the use of such cruel methods of capture today in the UK!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I will be passing this on as I wholeheartedly support this...

• Colin commented  · 

The shocking and unnecessary use of snares is a practice I thought had been consigned to the past. Clearly, this is not the case. It's a shame that a minority of human beings, simply cannot learn to respect animals and their right to live a life free of persecution.

• Philip Butler commented  · 

I support Caroline Gould's idea, please take it on board

• SAABDude commented  · 

Totally barbaric - no place for these in today's world - especially in the UK.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I was totally unaware that these preposterous snares were being used, the sooner they are banned the better and I am certainly keen to sign any petition that helps to ban these dreadful inhumane forms of entrapment for all wild creatures and keen to catch the perpetrators. I also walk my dog in woods and open countryside and heaven forbid that she ever gets caught in one of them!

• Anonymous commented  · 

i lived on a farm and have also seen first hand the horrifick injuries of these animals. Many struggle to get away so much they pull their legs off.

• Catherine Shuttleworth commented  · 

The use of snares is cruel and affects not only wildlife, but unnecessary suffering to domestic pets as well. If it takes the death of another animal then it is one death too many. There is no excuse for the continued use of this barbaric means of trapping animals that is so indescriminate in those caught by them. It should be banned!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would most definitely support this, give me somewhere to sign.

• Juliet Lyndle commented  · 

I would definitely sign a petition to ban the use of snares, just let me know where to go!

• Paul brooks commented  · 

It is inhumane to continue to permit these dreadful snares to be used in the UK and elsewhere. Please ban them in the UK.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Animal rights may be a personal chioce; BUT animal welfare is a responsibility to us all as guardians of the earth.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How can we criticise people in other countries about animal abuse when we use such barbaric
        things ourselves.

• Lucy Thornton commented  · 

Inhumane and cruel, promotes horrific suffering, they should be banned immediately.

Feedback and Knowledge Base