I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,393 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline GouldCaroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

533 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sue CookSue Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know the debate goes on about the alleged link between badgers and TB in cattle, but nothing excuses the use of these inhumane snares. They should be banned. And banned now.

• Joe InglisJoe Inglis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible to see these pictures which remind me of some of the similar cases I've seen in the surgery over the years. There is no place for these horrific devices so I wholeheartedly support the petition against snares.

• Rebecca CarterRebecca Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should of been banned a long time ago, its horrific and very sad. Im sure in this day and age there are plenty of humane ways if needed!!! Cant believe such cruelty goes on!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are a cruel way to kill randomly- around the neck may be quick but anywhere else such as a leg or the thorax is slow. They are not necessary to control foxes for instance where shooting is very effective.

• SuzypinkSuzypink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This practice is thoroughly disgusting and a ban is long overdue. They cause immense suffering and this cannot be allowed to continue.

• Matthew WatersMatthew Waters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snares are used by people who have no understanding of the pain and distress that they cause evil things must be outlawed

• Suzanne HaySuzanne Hay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snares should have been banned a long time ago. They cause such horrendous cruelty and must be banned. It's barbaric and insane. Is the government that ignorant... everyone get behind this and show your support. This must be stopped!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this country cannot ban these there is something very wrong, nobody can justify the use of these.

• Selina PuckettSelina Puckett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't really believe this even needs debating. Only an idiot could think that snares should not be banned !!

1 2 9 11 13 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base