I suggest a campaign about ...

Ban the use of snares in England

I work in a wildlife hospital & we deal with wild animals with horrific injuries after being caught in snares. We have many photos to prove the damage done by these inhumane cheese-wires. Domestic pets have also been severely injured by snares.
A ban on their use is long overdue.

4,399 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline GouldCaroline Gould shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

534 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a member of a badger group I have dealt with a number of incidents where badgers have been caught in snares - the 'legal' kind. They struggle so frantically that the wire inflicts dreadful injuries. The 'cheese wire' effect cuts into them and their struggle is clear to see in the state of the ground around. One had twisted the wire round so much that its front end was held off the ground,it was dead, with its head partially severed. That had occurred overnight on a well walked public footpath. Also I came across the skeletal remains of a fox, still in the snare, which had obviously not been checked. They should be banned!!

• Sandra DudleySandra Dudley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I belong to a badger group and we have rescued a badger which suffered horrific injuries as a result of snaring, sadly because of the location of the wound he had to be put down. Snares are indiscriminate and in a civilized society we should not be causing such suffering to both wild animals and domestic pets caught in this inhumane fashion. Snares should be banned.

• Rob GoldsmithRob Goldsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have also seen the damage snares do and would like to see them banned. They are not humane and are indiscriminate.

• Pauline & Ian GreenhalghPauline & Ian Greenhalgh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its disgraceful that there are people still willing to set a snare and know exactly what kind of injuries, suffering and death it will cause - its a random way of killing or maiming anything big enough to get caught up in it - there is nothing humane about this barbaric practice and an outright ban is the only way to go ...

• sammygsammyg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A truly evil method of capture. The fact it's still legal beggars belief.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There must be an outright ban on snaring everywhere - it is an utterly barbaric & inhumane way, of quite often not killing, but seriously maiming an animal. And certainly not outright killing
        STOP SNARING NOW.

1 2 8 10 12 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base