I suggest a campaign about ...

Saving Leyton Marsh from Olympic disaster

Campaign to stop the valued green-belt space of Leyton Marsh being developed into two 12m high basketball training courts for the Olympics. Leyton Marsh is a prized open green space used by locals for walking, jogging, walking their dogs etc. The proposed site is 100m away from the SSI of Walthamstow Marshes. No brownfield sites have been considered before selecting this wholly inappropriate site for a 'temporary' structure which will be of no use to locals after the Games.

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is totally riduclous. Why on earth should we waste funds on developing the skills of a few people in a sport that we have no chance of gaining a medal in anyway. The little time remaining before the Olympics are scheduled to take place is hopelessly insufficient to raise the quality of our abilities in this version of netball.

One may be inclined to believe the allegations that some of these so called olympic training areas are only being created to create precedents for developing land that would otherwise be retained as open green space.

What would be the point of that anyway as plans are allegedly being developed to massively reduce the world's population by between 60 and 90 percent. Why would need to develop more land after that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base