I suggest a campaign about ...

Food packaging displaying the nutritional information and weight.

I am a type 1 diabetic, and count all the carbohydrates I consume, so when purchasing food products I always look at the nutritional information.

However some products fail to display this information, some packing does display this, but by 100g and then don't list the size of the item, so the carbohydrates cannot be counted.

It shouldn't be a case, that we still dony have the amount of grams in a packet.

By not displaying this information, it can cause dramatic affects to my health therefore it should be a standard law that all food companys should comply by.

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rebecca IrelandRebecca Ireland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MartYnMartYn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pitz obviously has no clue and just tried to find any reason to try and insult someone. When infact if he/she had read properly they'd have realised that not all packets state the size/weight at all. THIS MUST BE DISPLAYED FOR THE CARBS TO BE ACCURATELY WORKED OUT!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Pitz - not only do you not need to be commenting on this campaign if you don't support it, but you have also successfully displayed how stupid and inconsiderate you are. Rebecca quite clearly said that some items display the values per 100g WITHOUT STATING THE ACTUAL WEIGHT OF THE PACKET OR ITEM. This is no good to anyone. I know for a fact how difficult it can be for someone with type 1 diabetes to manage it correctly, and I for one completely support her campaign. Your ignorance is just embarrasing.

• Rebecca IrelandRebecca Ireland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not a simple calculation, because quite a few products do not even tell you how much the product weighs, therefore making it impossible to calculate.

• PitzPitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when displayed by 100g it is a simple calculation to find the answers you seek. Stop being lazy. You want everything done for you then get friends with big sticks and become a monarch in the traditional way. Kill those that oppose you. Then you can have everything done just the way you want.

Yup I'm the same too!!! Can get so bad, that i am guessing and more often than not i hypo quite badly afterwards!! :-(

Very good campaign - anything which directly impacts a persons health should be top priority!

Feedback and Knowledge Base