I suggest a campaign about ...

Youth unemployment programme: programme to provide real jobs for young unemployed people.

The UK needs a proper scheme to provide real job opportunities (with real hard skills) for young unemployed people. We need a programme that increases the potential number of jobs for young people and not one that focuses on cv filling/interviewing that does nothing for increasing the total of jobs. The programme could be funded by govt, commercial or voluntary organisations that share the same common aim of saving a lost generation and preventing the impending social and economic catastrophe of youth unemployment.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MickMick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CordeliaCordelia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. The "lost generation" does indeed need our collaborative and creative thinking around youth unemployment.

• Mary FletcherMary Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems crazy to make people work until they are older than at present is the rule when young people need jobs. I suggest a scheme for people who want to work less to be allowed to do this so that some days are available for others to work.
        In the 70's people thought there was going to be a problem of too much leisure,[ they didn't mean too much unemployment. ]
        As for victimizing the small numbers who are glad not to work and are content to live on small benefits, we should be grateful some people don't mind this and concentrate on the many who seek work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base