I suggest a campaign about ...

Individual responsibility within the NHS and other public bodies

Vast amounts of Public money are diverted to pay compensation settlements to taxpayers who have suffered at the hands of the Public Sector. Negligent medical staff, sloppy policing etc. I propose that such compensation and legal costs should be paid directly by the individuals found guilty of such negligence or dereliction not, by the taxpayers who have funded these bodies in the first place.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DaddatDaddat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David ClarkDavid Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it a legal obligation for ALL medical practitioners to keep accurate and complete records of treatment. It is almost impossible to bring a case for negligence against medical practitioners because their records are so sparse, illegible, and in many cases missing critical information.

• morturnmorturn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firstly; Doctors do already take out their own insurance to cover medical liability case claims, in the case of GP's this works out at about £500 per month, paid out of their own pocket.
        Second; if we did go down this road, in 10 years time, there would not be many doctors working in the UK for fear of our own compensation culture.
        I would not support his campaign.

Feedback and Knowledge Base