I suggest a campaign about ...

38 Degrees to set up a new political party

The normal people seem to have been left behind in recent years and all parties have their fair share of career politicians and are run by public-school educated males in their 40s. Voter turn-outs on election day are at an all-time low as all the main parties have merged into one (although the Tories have suddenly lurched to the right, now they're in power).

I suggest anyone could put themselves forward as a candidate based on their postcode and submit a video of themselves. Every other 38deg member in their constituency could then vote for the best candidate. I'm not sure how you'd vote a leader though...

Obama in 2008 really used the internet to galvanise normal people to vote (and to contribute) and it would be great to see that sort of energy and enthusiasm in our political system. It just seems to me, 38 Degrees are similarly very good at galvanising the general public in their campaigning, so why not go that one stage further?

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roger SRoger S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cliffordclifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think it would be great to have 38degrees as a political party finally a party for the people free of corruption and greed go for it you would defo get my vote along side thousands of others i would think

Feedback and Knowledge Base