I suggest a campaign about ...

CCTV to be made compulsory in UK slaughterhouses.

Following Animal Aid's detailed investigation into UK slaughterhouses, the campaigning group is calling for mandatory CCTV to be installed in all abattoirs. This must be made law ahead of January 2013 when new Regulations - which will not allow the UK to improve upon existing measures - come into force. Already, the supermarkets are on board. Now we just need to persuade the government!

1,057 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kate FowlerKate Fowler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

423 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew TylerAndrew Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Animal Aid's undercover evidence from 8 randomly-chosen slaughterhouses shows that gross cruelty and incompetence are routine. The current government slaughter monitoring system has totally failed. Properly monitored CCTV won't end the suffering but it should put paid to the worst of the abuse. The government must make CCTV installation in every slaughterhouse compulsory.

• claudiaclaudia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slaughterhouses are cruel by their very nature but at least if they were monitored some of the most egregious abuse could be prevented.

• SophieSophie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CCTV must be made compulsory, it is the very least that should be done to try and protect animals in slaughterhouses from further abuse.

1 2 18 19 20 22 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base