I suggest a campaign about ...

old age pensions v. immigrant/refugee benefits

Absolutely nothing against immigrants or refugees but surely this cannot be right.

Are you aware of the following?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance: -

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER (bearing in mind they worked hard and paid
their Income Tax and National Insurance contributions to the British
government all their working life) Weekly allowance: £106.00
IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN (No Income Tax and National
Insurance contribution whatsoever) Weekly allowance: £250.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly Spouse allowance: £25.00
IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Weekly Spouse
allowance: £225.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Additional weekly hardship
allowance £0.00
IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Additional weekly
hardship allowance £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an
immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £6,000
IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT:£29,900

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

How do you know this true. Has anyone checked it out.

• Ally commented  · 

Could i possibly have the link in which you found such evidence please? I'm really interested in where you found such figures for Refugees because as far as I'm aware there is very little funds in place for elderly refugees.

• Christine Williams commented  · 

An EU Migrant can get benefits including disability with zero NI credit history. If you do not work or claim benefit as a citizen of any age in the UK, you also lost contribution based benefit and if you have a small works pension or some other little income, that loses you income based benefit as well. So a lifetime paying NI contributions - no benefit - no state pension at 60. And contribution based benefit is taxed, so lose from works pension or other income. For Ernest Johnstone and all other already retired pensioners, what is coming with the Flat Rate (Single Tier) Pension in 2016 affects all pensioners, however old and is far worse than the Pension Bill. Gaining the state pension at 60 tomorrow would not save you from the Flat Rate's destruction or reduction. https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/state-pension-at-60-now

• Anonymous commented  · 

There is no reason those recieving pensions shouldn't be getting the same rates as refugees. We know there is an associated cost of living when you get older so why should those pensioners be penalized? Give those who have worked hard and their spouses the money they should be entitled to for working hard all the many years! We should respect the elderly, the disabled and those who need help such as the mentally ill. Not burden or penalize them. They shouldn't have to choose between food and paying the rent.

• Michael commented  · 

Melanie Matthews, your a hoax, ............................yawn.

• Michael commented  · 

For over 30 years, millions of Britain's elderly people live in poverty having to choose between heating their homes and buying food, because Britain’s State pension is a pittance compared to European State pension levels.

Please read this in full, and sign the two petitions at the base of this article, and please pass on, and ask your friends to do the same.

More than 300,000 UK pensioners have died of cold related illnesses since 1997-Nine-pensioners-died-cold-hour-winter-prices-soar

To say this is a disgraceful way to treat our elderly people for over 30 years is beyond a national disgrace.

The thing is what are we going to do about it ?. If this was happening in Europe there would be riots from the outset.

180 pensioners died every day as a result of hypothermia related illnesses re-cold and going hungry during the 2010-11 winter months in England and Wales.

The numbers of excess winter deaths are a disgrace, yet we like to think of ourselves as a civilised society which protects the most vulnerable, but the numbers of older people who do not survive the winter here is far higher than most European countries where the weather is far worse.

These deaths are the tip of an iceberg of illness, misery and anxiety which grips Britain every winter.

Many of our poorest pensioners, families and disabled people, put their health at risk by having to choose between heating their homes or putting food on the table this winter.

Energy price hikes have left fuel poverty levels soaring, with energy bills almost double what they were five years ago.

Please go to both my petitions to help the elderly. Sign both and pass on, also asking your friends to do the same.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56676

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/51449;

• Anonymous commented  · 

This email is a hoax and has been in circulation for a while. It seems it has some foundations in Canada and has moved around the world. Facebook is also doing a great job of circulating this message. It's just blatant racism which hides behind this fabricated curtain of injustices, which tries to pull on the heart strings, whilst subliminally supporting the deeper notion that people are racist and will seek any information that will somehow support their view.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Make things easy for the British Pensioners,who have worked all their lives and paid into the system Give them the same allowances that is bestowed on immigrants,(scroungers), and let them enjoy a way of like, that foreigners enjoy

• Michael commented  · 

Victor Rones, are you having a go at me ?

• VICTOR RONES commented  · 

i sugest that you should get up and make this country better instead of worse!
        All you do is cut backon poor people and all you care about i your selves! poor people are struggeling to live on little money and MPs have fat pay rises period!!!!!!!!!!!

• Michael commented  · 

Victor Jones, the Bitish people today are apathetic, gutless wonders.

• VICTOR RONES commented  · 

I SUGGEST PEOPLE GET UP AND AND FIGHT FOR RIGHTS AND BETTER PENSIONS NOW...................

• Anonymous commented  · 

I AM A UK CITIZEN AND I HAD A CIVIL PARTNERSHIP IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR,MY PARTNER IS A BARBADIAN,SHE WENT BACK TO SETTLE THINGS THERE AND IS COMING BACK TO UK IN A FEW WEEKS TIME TO TRY FOR A SPOUSE VISA,I AM 76 AND MY PARTNER IS 61 IN SEPTEMBER,IF THEY ALLOW HER A SPOUSE VISA IS SHE ALLOWED A PENSION IN THE UK.
        KIND REGARDS JUNE.

• Anonymous commented  · 

most pensioners paid there taxs and n/i for an average 50 years they blame pensioners for the NHS troubles taking the young peoples jobs now they want to take the bus passes and the fual supplement away there are 12,000,000 pensioners who should let the goverment know how they feel by voting for who ever takes up the case

• Michael commented  · 

Alex Curly, EU Immigrants cant get benefits until they are in the system working and paying contributions for one year minimum, then they one receive a third of what British claimants get.

Asylum Seekers arent by law allowed to work, they get vouchers instead.

Instead of you making cynical remarks, why cant you be more constructive in your comment ????

• Alex Curly commented  · 

Wow look at all thos votes! 79 in 2 years. So glad people aren't as blind as whoever proposed this farsical petition.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Go aaway racist ignoramus.

I think you wind find the 'immigrants' are net contributors to our economy as most are of working age.

Who do you think does most of the care jobs?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base