I suggest a campaign about ...

An amendment to the Bail Bill that will help prevent domestic violence murders

1 woman is murdered by a current or ex-partner in the uk every 3days. Last year Jane Clough was murdered by her ex - Vass who was on bail for 6 counts of rape, 3 assaults and 1 sexual assault. Despite objections by the Police and CPS. There is a petition that has been through the first stage and now needs signatures to support an amendment to the Bail allowing bail decisions to be appealled. Jane Clough and many other victims would be alive today if her (their) killer had not been granted bail.

697 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Claire MooreClaire Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ClaireClaire commented  · 

I 100% support the petition to amend the Bail Bill. What use is a Justice System if it does not protect inocent people? RIP Jane Clough, a beautifull, brave Mother xxxx

• Liz DoganLiz Dogan commented  · 

I fully support this petition. Changes must be made and fast.

• ClaireClaire commented  · 

I 100% support this petition to amendmend the Bail Bill! What use is a Justice system if it doesn't protect inocent people? RIP Jane a brave and beautifull mother. xx

• KarenKaren commented  · 

Very happy to support this amendment.

• Sarah BoyleSarah Boyle commented  · 

I wholeheartedly support this petition and amendment to the bail bill.

• Helen JonesHelen Jones commented  · 

I support this proposal. We must act to strengthen protections.

• RachelRachel commented  · 

I completely support and agree to these change in the bail act, it will save lives. xx

• louise dawsonlouise dawson commented  · 

you have my full support...we need more support for the victims...in memory of jane clough..xx

• DAWNDAWN commented  · 

I Support this campaign. Its time we made the right ppl accountable for this travesty and stop it happening ever again.

• OrlaOrla commented  · 

The justice system let's women down. The justice system seems impervious to violence towards women. A life for a prison sentence. Rape will not get a violent man behind bars. Violence will not get a man behind bars. Murder? Maybe. As long as it is not proved that it was HER fault.

• sammisammi commented  · 

iam in support of this petition.

• mels.emels.e commented  · 

I am in full support of this petition! I have e-mailed everyone I know and askd them to support this also.

Feedback and Knowledge Base