I suggest a campaign about ...

An amendment to the Bail Bill that will help prevent domestic violence murders

1 woman is murdered by a current or ex-partner in the uk every 3days. Last year Jane Clough was murdered by her ex - Vass who was on bail for 6 counts of rape, 3 assaults and 1 sexual assault. Despite objections by the Police and CPS. There is a petition that has been through the first stage and now needs signatures to support an amendment to the Bail allowing bail decisions to be appealled. Jane Clough and many other victims would be alive today if her (their) killer had not been granted bail.

697 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Claire MooreClaire Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

181 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • clare dalyclare daly commented  · 

justice for all victims, please save lives and change the bill!!!

• sarah smithsarah smith commented  · 

I to was the victim of domestic abuse. I was a lucky one & got away. So many dont & so far the only ones to pay the price is the family & friends of the victim. Good luck with your campaign for jane & all the best to her family & friends xxx

• sarah smithsarah smith commented  · 

I to was a victim of domestic abuse. I was lucky i got away. So many dont & these men need to pay the price because as it stands its only the family & friends that pay the price for a loved one. R.I.P Jane & all the other victims of domestic abuse & good luck with your campaign for jane xxx

• Kirsty MorrisKirsty Morris commented  · 

The legal system in this country is a joke, I hope that there will be a change in the law and Jane will not have died in vain.

• Dawn DiazDawn Diaz commented  · 

This was an absolute tragedy for poor Jane, her gorgeous baby and her family. Let's make sure it doesn't happen again. I grew up watching my mum being physically absued by her partner. He too was bailed several times only to return to the house. RIP Jane x

• Sinead TroySinead Troy commented  · 

Jane Clough and many victiams would be alive today if her (their) killer had not been granted bail!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base