I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop Sky Sports getting the broadcasting rights to F1 Motorsport

I heard that Sky Sports had gained the rights over this weekend, & I think that in the light of News International's recent exposure, & the obvious hostility to Mr. Murdoch's brands it inspired, that this will do serious damage to the sport.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gino BisogniGino Bisogni shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disgusting and corrupt deal, the BBC should not be allowed to do deals with BSB whereby
        the British licence payer ends up having to pay more for something the BBC has already paid for.

• ShaneShane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can't be allowed to happen, this is the beginning of the end for F1 on FTA. When the BBC/Sky deal finishes in 2017 Sky will buy the full rights to it and then we'll lose yet another sport to this corrupt media empire, and all thanks to the BBC. More than £4 billion PER YEAR of our money to the BBC and what do we get? New media centres, the BBC going 'regional!?!' and lots of crap on the TV that no one actually watches...they are a joke!

• Gino BisogniGino Bisogni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm fairly sure the BBC's relationship with the Government has deteriorated & am well aware that the Conservatives had plans to curtail the BBC's funding in their manifesto, plus their cosy relationship with News International/Sky is now global tittle-tattle.

• David VooghtDavid Vooght commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also will never pay for Sky and now must sadly train myself to be completely uninterested in F1. another fan lost! I don't see why we have to force the BBC to be uncompetitive with their bidding for events of this nature. dare I say that I would not mind if the licence fee increased slightly..... did I say that?

• benjybenjy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BBC Sport, All the action as it happens. Or half of it anyway.

This is a ridiculous idea and will harm F1. I for one will never pay for Sky and I am far from being alone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base