I suggest a campaign about ...

Jedward

The BBC have apparently commissioned a new television series which will be hosted by Jedward.

As a TV license payer I find this news hugely dismaying. Unless the series is entitled ‘1001 Ways to torture Jedward to within an inch of their pointless existence’, I don’t want my cash ending up in their pockets.

I suggest a petition to the BBC to stop this idea dead in it's tracks. Or we all write to the BBC directly explaining why we won't be paying our License Fee next year.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TimmyBTimmyB shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Oakwell DearneOakwell Dearne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ha ha! I do think you're being a bit harsh with the torture part, but yes, with everything else you're correct.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ha ha. well at least they are clearly not to my liking ( see also ' cash in the attic', 'celebrity come dine with me' ) and i can avoid them. i have problems with shows i do like but find the presenters make it almost unwatchable - top gear, countryfile. give us presenter free tv. now thats a campaign.

• michellemichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok I'm sure everyone here knows how to use a remote, yeah?
        Well stop complaining and when this show is on TURN IT OVER. It's not exactly rocket science and as for the "I don't want my cash going to this" etc etc there's plenty of rubbish on tv now days that we have to pay for so get over it. I think John and Edward have done really well since x factor so people should give them a chance or leave them alone.

• Paul WooldridgePaul Wooldridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO NO NO! BBC you make some of the best shows on the planet! Leave these types of shows for the lesser channels, and most importantly, ones I don't directly pay for. These twits (putting it politely) have zero talent and the thought that they are going to make any money at all, simply for being their moronic selves is quite shocking in itself, to think my licence fee is funding it, well that is simply apalling! BBC don't let us down! Keep doing what you do best, like excellent drama, world class comedy, and simply the best nature documentaries in the world.

• MandMand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With apologies for my spelling of clever which, as Mr Picky has pointed out, kind of shows I may be a little less clever than I thought.

• MandMand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whilst I would rather slice my arm off with a butter knife than watch this load of load pap and am celver enough to know how to work a remote control, the very fact it is being commissioned and may taint my Radio Times is, as Timmy rightly points out, hugely dismaying.

• Matthew BurgessMatthew Burgess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, BBC, *do not* give MY money over to such a ridiculous duo as Jedward. Ideally, don't put them on my television screen AT ALL. EVER.

• John from JedwardJohn from Jedward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi This is John. Come on guys I hope this is not true. We have done really well since we lost X factor. This will be a real opportunity for us. The BBC have got some really good material for us. I’m sure Edward and I will be a great! Love to you all

John and Edward ;-)

• Jo the GreatJo the Great commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Auntie Beeb do not do this to the British public. We have enough tripe to deal with as it is....NO MORE!!!!!!

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't imagine the initial scary series and I would never watch the trash, never mind the reruns that would haunt us to eternity.

Feedback and Knowledge Base