I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop Youth Work and Youth Services from receiving Savage Cuts!

546 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy DykesAndy Dykes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

239 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Diane LawDiane Law commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wonders how many youth workers out there, still in work or have already been made redundant are voting for this worthy cause....I am sure there must be many more than 131 supporters or has apathy set in. We clearly need a youth policy and for people to read the education select committee report on youth services

Wonders how many youth workers out there, still in work or have already been made redundant are voting for this worthy cause....I am sure there must be many more than 131 supporters or has apathy set in. We clearly need a youth policy and for people to read the education select committee report on youth services

Wonders how many youth workers out there, still in work or have already been made redundant are voting for this worthy cause....I am sure there must be many more than 131 supporters or has apathy set in. We clearly need a youth policy and for people to comment on the education select committee report on youth services http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmeduc/744/744i.pdf

Wonders how many youth workers out there, still in work or have already been made redundant are voting for this worthy cause....I am sure there must be many more than 131 supporters or has apathy set in. We clearly need a youth policy and for people to comment on the education select committee report on youth services http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201012/cmselect/cmeduc/744/744i.pdf

• kjkj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cuts to youth services are are disproportionate...so says the Education and Select Committee, and so say us. Youth centres are being closed down, workers with years of experience are being thrown on the scrapheap, some authorities are scrapping their entire youth services. Young people are well and truly at the blunt end of these austerity measures.

• grahamgraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know the cuts to youth services wiil be bad but what about all the other
        cuts to different services lets not forget about these all 38degrees members

• Kevin SweeneyKevin Sweeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The economic disaster was caused by adults yet young people pay the price.The loss of Youth Services shows our country to be heartless and let's hope young people, workers and communities oppose the cuts

• Rebecca FoxRebecca Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happy memories of our youth club, so important that kids have somewhere safe to go and to look forward to. Especially these days!

• Liz KippaxLiz Kippax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support this campaign, the youth service has a vital role in supporting young people to reach their full potential. Lets not lose sight of the needs and aspriations of young people

• JanJan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's starting already young people are suffering saw it today 1st hand

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know cuts have to be made, but i don't believe they have to be so bad in one place, the services that help bring up the workers of the future, if these cuts are going to affect the services as much as everyone believes then it will be down to the next government to have to sort it out again!

• chloechloe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't be the person i am today without the constant support and encouragment i have recieved from youth workers. They have helped me gain perspective, discover what i do and don't like and opened up hundreds of doors for me. I believe Youth services should be priority, after all, we are the future.

• Pat GordonPat Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Youth Service has always been treated as the poor relations when it comes to finance, support and respect. When will they realise how important youth work is especially to younger and more vulnerable members of our society, young people who do not engage with school, or at risk of committing crimes can be helped and supported to be more positive with the support of Youth Workers. Leave Youth Service funding alone, in fact in these troubled times it should get more funding.

• Steve CSteve C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Youth Work in all formats can make a substantial difference to Young people and their communities, it is wrong to cut this area of work at a time of most need. Youth Work should be protected as it is one of the few preventative services that actually works with young people and their communiies. The results of these cuts may be felt for generations to come.

Feedback and Knowledge Base