I suggest a campaign about ...

Fix the human rights act

The human rights act is misunderstood and resented by many. but the percieved problems are due to been mistrepresentation by the media.
The European convention of Human rights was drafted by the Council of Europe long before the EU came into existance.
The UK Government incorporated the convention into British law( with get out clauses) because they were embarassed by the number of UK subjects winning their cases against the UK Government in the European Court of HR.
One of the issues not covered is infrigements of our HR by other subjects, the scumbag family down the road or the thugs who break into our houses or assault us.
My attention was drawn to this when someone slightly known to me was injured by motorist, the police & courts would do nothing. I remembered that during the civil rights campaign in the USA Black people assaulted or killed in the south failed to get any remedy through the state courts. They, threrefore, took their cases to federal cours under the b
Bill of Rights. And they won.
No such thing can happen here.
So I propose that we campaign to have the Human Rights Act extended to cover:- 1/ ALL cases of human rights abuse.
2/ Unequal treatment of people facing the rich and powerful in British courts.
In cases of Meggacorp v Joe & jill Bloggs, Meggacorp can wheel in a team of lawyers but the Blogg's defend themselves.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MikeMike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scrapping the Human rights Act will do nothing but send UK subjects back to the European court of Human Rights.

Feedback and Knowledge Base