I suggest a campaign about ...

Proposals in welfare reform bill wish to imprison the unemployed without trial

Proposals in the welfare reform bill include false imprisonment of the longterm unemployed sometimes up to 45 miles away from where they live,establish prison style work camps for the unemployed without pay,fine the people in society who do not have any money to create starvation.This is human rights abuse..this is very poor government.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rob jonesRob jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • aaronaaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have been on a similar course at tng luton where i was forced (ie benefits stopped if you dont comply) to sit in a room with up to 40 other people, you are not allowed to say much or use your mobile phone or leave or have more than 5 days being ill in 13 weeks, i told them at the job center it was against human rights (illegal detention and slave labour), if anyone has any information that can help i would be grateful , btw i was on the course for 5 weeks the worked for 8 weeks and was sent straight back there, may as well commit a crime as you are punished for there being not enough work !

• Rob jonesRob jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a proposed article 4 contravention taking away any compulsion would take away this problem.However the government has been warned that putting a claimant under duress to make any decision by threatening to take away their benefit is also in contravention 'duress to poverty'.this is also likely to see the largest class action against the government in the court of human rights for many years with an estimated 21.5 billion pounds of compensation claims..

Feedback and Knowledge Base