I suggest a campaign about ...

Petition the British Government to support the students of Bahrain

On the 14th of February protestors took to the streets of Bahrain demanding the introduction of a constitutional monarchy and constitutional reform that promotes basic human rights, civil liberties, power sharing, equal access to employment, and the right to choose a new prime minister.

The government of Bahrain has started a crackdown on anyone opposed to the regime including women, children, doctors, teachers and human rights activists and now students in the UK are being targeted.

Following on from Protests in the UK three weeks ago the Bahrain government has withdrawn scholarships from any students suspected of being involved in the protests and has threatened and arrested relatives of the students back home.

We demand that the UK government:

- Issues a statement supporting the right to protest without retribution
- allows students from Bahrain to seek asylum and guarantees their safety on returning
- Takes action against all government officials involved in the oppression of students and the people of Bahrain through the International Criminal Court.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex Fountain MMU Students UnionAlex Fountain MMU Students Union shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...