I suggest a campaign about ...

Petition calling for the dropping of charges of aggravated tresspass against Ukuncut members

On March 26th 138 UKuncut activists were charged with aggravated tresspass after staging an entirely peaceful protest in Fortnum & Mason. At the very least this has huge significance for the future of peaceful direct action and at it's worst is political policing. UKuncut has played a prominent role in bringing corporate tax avoidance into mainstream political debate and has embarressed the government as well as the powerful corporations they've targeted. The arrest of UKuncut members is an attempt to associate them with the "violence" that occured and to vilify the group in the minds of the general public, and in so doing destroy the movement. These were, as all UKuncut actions have been, entirely peaceful. Please, please give this campaign your support.

3,742 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben BassonBen Basson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1149 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • brumprotestorbrumprotestor commented  · 

Totally agree with Double Karma - members should be changed to supporters or activists. There is no coherent UKUncut group, no membership lists and therefore no members.

• Uriel EmilUriel Emil commented  · 

Slowly but surely we are losing our faith in the police..

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

yes, they were not "members", they were people who walked into a shop and said "pay your taxes". I walked past, but could as well walked in, so I may as well be charged as well.

• Double KarmaDouble Karma commented  · 

I would change 'members' to ' supporters'

• William CooperWilliam Cooper commented  · 

A peaceful protest that was handled despicably by the police, all protestants labelled under one banner of violence, which is wrong in any, let alone a modern, society.

• Alexandra HogbenAlexandra Hogben commented  · 

Justice for and solidarity with those being persecuted for peaceful protest.

• Geoffrey Mitchell-PickfordGeoffrey Mitchell-Pickford commented  · 

These are entirely peaceful people and do not deserve to be tagged as criminals for the rest of their lives!

• Matt MakMatt Mak commented  · 

Do not support the criminalisation of peaceful people fighting for your future!

1 2 54 55 56 58 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base