I suggest a campaign about ...

Scrap the Secretary of State Position Scotland and Wales

A petition to scrap the Secretary of State Position in Wales and Scotland.

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    alawevansalawevans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robat ap TomosRobat ap Tomos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Wales Office is part of the old colonial system of government we had in Wales before our Assembly. It costs millions to maintain and Wales does not gain from this cost. It merely facilitates Westminster interference in Welsh democracy. Scrap it!

• Cynghorydd Arfon JonesCynghorydd Arfon Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The recent incumbents have discredited this office and now they can't obstruct Welsh legislation anymore its time for it to be abolished.

• Enid WilkesEnid Wilkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a member of the Welsh Government to represent us,we have moved on from Westminster.

• Cedwyn AledCedwyn Aled commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't comment on Scotland, but as far as I'm concerned Wales no longer requires a UK Secretary of State. The relationship between this part of the world and Westminster has moved on, and should exist at an inter-governmental position.

• Christopher SwiftChristopher Swift commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Maldwyn, if there were to be a Secretary of State for Wales in the cabinet, they should be elected by the Assembly.

• Maldwyn PateMaldwyn Pate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wales should have someone from the Welsh Government to represent it in London, not some London appointed toady to act as governor-general over Wales.

Feedback and Knowledge Base