I suggest a campaign about ...

Stop Greyhound Exports to China

The Irish Government plans to export Racing Greyhounds to China, a country which has one of the worst Human & Animal Rights Records in the world.
As an Irish Citzen & UK resident, I am appalled & embarassed to be Irish.
I appeal to all members to support a petition to present to the UK government in order for them to put pressure on the Irish government to abandon these plans.
What with the first ever upcoming visiit by the Queen, (a well-know dog & animal lover), to the Republic of Ireland shortly, an expose would be greatly embarassing to the newly formed coalition Irish Government.
A protest is being organised by Irish Greyhound Rescue in Dublin & the UK based www.greyhoundaction.org.uk, outside the Irish Embassy in London, dates to be announced.
Please help save these gentle & intelligent from a fate worse than death.

Thankyou.

897 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    helen maherhelen maher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

243 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GraceGrace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of Fine Geal voted yes for the Stage hunting, now as leader of the goverment it will be harder than ever to get welfare rights for animals, and they will do anything to bring money into the country even at the expence of these beautiful dogs.

• anne rawlingsanne rawlings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

greyhounds must never be exported to China. They have no proper animal welfare laws - these dogs will suffer terribly.

• Denise BennettDenise Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is sickening. China has no animal protection laws at all. I fear for these poor dogs if this is allowed to go ahead.

• EdwinEdwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not allow these lovely dogs to be sent to China - to a fate worse than death.

• EdwinEdwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are ordinary, loveable dogs - just like your own animal companions - who are at risk of being sent to China, to a fate worse than death. Please don't let this happen.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am born in the UK to an Irish family. I've always been rather proud of my Irish heritage - but no more. I am now deeply ashamed and embarrassed to be 'Irish'. I have been involved with greyhound rescue for over 30 years and this has to be the worse thing I have come across. Please support this petition. These sweet, innocent, knowing, gentle creatures must not be sent to a country where human rights do not exist, let alone animal rights. Their fate will be too dreadful to contemplate. Please do not let this happen.

I am born in the UK to an Irish family. I've always been rather proud of my Irish heritage - but no more. I am now deeply ashamed and embarrassed to be 'Irish'. I have been involved with greyhound rescue for over 30 years and this has to be the worse thing I have come across. Please support this petition. These sweet, innocent, knowing, gentle creatures must not be sent to a country where human rights do not exist, let alone animal rights. Their fate will be too dreadful to contemplate. Please do not let this happen.

• d cottond cotton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Irish greyhound board should hang its head in shame if they send any greyhounds to that cruel country.The industry is failing because decent people realise the cruelty involves so they are trying to line their pockets in a country with no welfare for animals.Disgraceful

• AnnieAnnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this petition 110%. Please everyone, vote NOW.Please support the petition. Everyone who wannts to save the greyhounds from a fate unimaginable needs to stand up and be counted. Please put a day aside when the protest is organised to come along and give your support. The greyhounds need YOUR HELP NOW more than ever. Annie ( on behalf of Action For Greyhouns u.k )

• Amanda SullivanAmanda Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fate of these dogs is very likely to be horrendous knowing China's record of animal rights . I urge the Irish Government to reconsider what will be and extremely unpoular decision and do it's reputaion do good whatsoever.

• Carlota Carlota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote that Greyhounds DO NOT be exported to China. Under any circumstances.

• Carlota Carlota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unbelieveable that this has been put forward to be even thought of. China is a fate worse than hell for animals which go there, exported or those who are sadly born into cruelty there. They have no animal rights and watch killings for fun, even with children. How can they learn a "better way" when they let children watch such vile treatment. They disgust me completely.

• Richard BoltonRichard Bolton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are no guarantees that these animals will receive decent treatment. Would you send one of your pets there? Do not do this.

• KATHLEEN KANEKATHLEEN KANE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Irish governing board should investigate the countless documents of the abuse and torture ,that inevitably happens to these greyhounds that are forced to race.I am sure the American groups ,who are trying to save these beautiful creatures would be happy to share these documents.If anyone can look at this and still proceed with this inhumane practice,then God forgive them.It will become apparent that their only consideration is monetary gain.

• sue cottonsue cotton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This must not be allowed to happen. No dog should be sent to China where it would suffer a miserable life and unspeakable death. Greyhounds are highly sensitive dogs and to betray them in this way is despicable and reeks of desperation by the failing racing industry. Ireland should be ashamed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base