I suggest a campaign about ...

Stand up to the EU

We should push the British government to stand up to the EU. Why should we bow down to an unellected, quangoistic minority rule that fails to reflect the interests of our country.

Regardless of whether or not you think prisoners should have a vote, we should be able to choose for ourselves with out fearing repercussions from the EU.

Forcing women to have more expensive car insurance in line with men, whilst going against objective statistical data is crazy! Every woman could stand to pay more for their car insurance as a direct result of mindless European legislation.

Regardless of how you feel about the efficacy of herbal medicines, we should have the freedom to choose for ourselves, EU law isn't just banning the sale of herbs, they're removing your freedom to choose how you take care of your own health.

The list goes on and on.

Let's push the UK government to reject this lunacy!

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdamAdam shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles McDowall (despite a Scottish name I am English)Charles McDowall (despite a Scottish name I am English) commented  · 

The EU operates the way its component parts operate. We have the choice of doing 100% of the activity of writing regulation ourselves and then interpreting an EU single set (the BREXIT view) or if the EU ceases we could be interpreting 28 different sets of regulations to export to. So it is wonderfully more sensible to combine with EU for a single set of regulations.
        HOWEVER that means that WE HAVE TO ENGAGE AND TAKE PART in the formulation and delivery of regulations.
        In support of the SENTIMENT, it is staggerring that given we have 28 European Commissioners, we do not have 2 a week turning up in the UK on a factr finding mission and meet the people exercise to ensure they are fully connected to every part of Europe and EVERY PART OF EUROPE knows what the eU does or does not do for them.
        SO I would suggest that the easy revolution is for us to elect the person that the UK propses as the EU Commissioner. That way, the EU President would find it difficult to reject them, they would have a sense of mandate and responsibility to the electorate and best of all, the other EU States would have difficulty not following suit!

• AdamAdam commented  · 

Please bare in mind this isn't a campaign about the individual examples given, it's about our right to legislate for ourselves within the UK.

Feedback and Knowledge Base