Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    wendykellettwendykellett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charlie UrquhartCharlie Urquhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost all campaign suggestions on this site have great merit, yet for me this pales into insignificance when considering the prognosis of human over population. It is undeniable that if the human race is to continue & survive past the next century we have to work towards population stability.
        This does not involve racism or forms of euthenasia or genocide. This is about education & cooperation. Sadly we would require the active involvement of politicians which makes a campaign such as this doomed to failure from day one.
        Every difficulty we currently face can be related directly to over population. Traffic congestion, food & water shortages, (in the UK we cannot feed ourselves) fuel shortages, unreversable environmental damage, employment, poverty, housing shortages, crime, pollution & disappearing resources. There are those among us who deny these facts & indeed argue that increased populations are a good thing. In just ten years from now we will begin to experience the first obvious signs of unsustainability which will involve food supply issues. It is no good trying to work out ways to increase production, this will only serve as a temporary measure. There are many vested interests who will benefit from increased population and no doubt they will try to rubbish this prognosis. I care not as personally I will make my own arrangements & continue to tell whoever will listen that we are facing extinction. No it will not be the end of the world, the beautiful blue planet will continue on without us until it's time is up. I believe there is still time to avoid catastrophe. If I had small children I would be very worried.
        To quote Sir David Attenborough 'this cannot go on'

• Peter BPeter B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is SO IMPORTANT. Continuing trends will cause wars, civil disruption, massive migration/immigration, food shortage, strain on utilities and natural resources. International Corporations love it! It creates demands that they seek to profit from. The GM argument is riding on the back of this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base