I suggest a campaign about ...

Proposed planning reforms

The Guardian Environment section has done a few stories on how planning reforms could lead to over development in rural areas. The government has tabled an amendment requiring only 50 per cent of local people to agree with planning applications (previously 70 per cent). They argue this could easily be used by powerful developers, who can offer sweeteners to local landowners.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Caroline WhiteCaroline White shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rosa Jean AndrewRosa Jean Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be devastating for rural areas - planning is already being sought for housing estates in areas of outstanding natural beauty

• Joanna DavidsonJoanna Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a member of various heritage groups in a rural area we are desperate to prevent what will be a developers charter

• Caroline WhiteCaroline White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please set up a campaign against this amendment! We need to keep the balance of power with local people, not developers, if we are to protect what's left of our precious natural environment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base