I suggest a campaign about ...

A campaign to stop changes to Disability Living Allowance - a measure of human rights in UK.

The attitude of the coalition government to the Disability Living Allowance is tantamount to an assault on the human rights of all disabled people in the UK. This benefit is specifically targeted at those who genuinely need additional support. The consultation document is seriously flawed, and th... more

The attitude of the coalition government to the Disability Living Allowance is tantamount to an assault on the human rights of all disabled people in the UK. This benefit is specifically targeted at those who genuinely need additional support. The consultation document is seriously flawed, and the questions posed by it are ludicrous

I am not in receipt of DLA and hopefully will never need it.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mikeob2mikeob2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! I would also argue for improving DLA so it actually gets to the people who need it - as someone who has had to navigate the horrendous forms and found that some things are just not covered.
        Several campaigns on DLA / disability have been put forward on this site. I suggest amalgamating them all together into one cohesive campaign.

• Deborah GemskiDeborah Gemski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not stop DLA. I was watching the lunchtime news today and saw a case plea for an old man who is blind and relies upon his DLA to get by on a daily basis. He lives in an area whereby he has to get taxis(funded by his DLA) as there is not even a safe crossing place on the busy main road for him to get to a nearby bus stop. He is trying to work but his DLA gives him relief for medical costs of medication for his sight to improve enough to carry out basic tasks. I feel this is a cause really worth fighting for.

• ANNE WHITEANNE WHITE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't stop DLA. I am disabled and rely on DLA for in order to try to ,live as normal a life as possible. Without DLA I do not know how I would cope.

• DFJHDFJH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We seemed to have lost a page of votes for a campaign to prevent the CamCo government removing the help Disability Living Allowance gives to those who need it.

Unlike the Nation's forests, the disabled are not a "trendy" subject for the media or the middle classes. Perhaps I'm being cynical. Nevertheless I hope 38 degrees can get a campaign off the ground.

• mikeob2mikeob2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We hear all the time about people's human rights. Yet here we have a government that seeks to deny these rights to the people least able to defend themselves.

Feedback and Knowledge Base