I suggest a campaign about ...

A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society.

DLA is by the DWP's own admission at least 20% under claimed and maybe as much as 40%. It is subject to a misinformation campaign by the Condems and their allies in the gutter press. Its abolition and replacement is nothing but a cost cutting exercise by the Condems and will cause huge suffering to disabled people and their carers. The abolition for DLA for those in care homes is positively cruel and should be opposed by everyone with a social conscience.

6,327 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mikeob2mikeob2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Johnny ChattertonJohnny Chatterton shared a merged idea: A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society..  ·   · 

652 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RoseRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update on Pats Petition it has now over 10,400 sigs - surely a committment like that should encourage 38 degrees to give it some support plus the comments on here - http://carerwatch.com/reform/

So if you haven't signed please do so.

• grahamgraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on 38 degrees why arnt you doing anything about this issue.surely this one is more important than saving trees or badgers

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My best friend of 30 years relies on this to help her in a time of crisis in her life. We CANNOT let this government change it or remove it, they will be removing something that is a life saver to the people who are on it.

• LeslieLeslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's always the vulnerable who suffer most, and sadly this now means me. Please let's object!

• Linda JonesLinda Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Anthony. There seems to be loads of cash to bail out Europe, attack Libya and foreign aid etc. Shows the cuts are political and not economic.

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

According to reliable news reports this Coalition Government is going to raise its contribution to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to £40 Billion Pounds.

Interesting considering the fact that there is no money in the pot with an enormous deficit to bring down.

This is tangible evidence that the sick, disabled, vulnerable and POOREST in British society are victims of needless cutbacks and indeed victims of a hate campaign by this Coalition of Evil that is hell bent on slaughtering this group of people in society.

I couldn't agree more but unless 38 Degrees picks up the gauntlet on this we are stuffed. Who else is going to give us a voice.

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is crystal clear that the sick, disabled, vulnerable and POOREST in society are victims of a hate crime by this Coalition of Evil.

First David Cameron promised to protect the most vulnerable in society live on television during the election campaign but once in power done the complete opposit and in fact deliberately embarked on a policy of making the most vulnerable suffer a deduction in benefits and taking away others.

Now George Osborne is trying to stop benefits from being protected against inflation which will further slaughter th vulnerable on top of all the other cutbacks and deductions.

Money for war (Libya) on top of other financial aid for assistance, £9 Billion Pound independent loan to Ireland on top of the British contribution towards the European bailout fund, equaling £11 Billion Pounds, money (Aid) to India even though it is becoming an economic giant, increase in overseas aid right across the board, money for overseas vaccines, a massive financial increase in the British contribution towards the Internation Monetry Fund (IMF) and the list goes on and on and on and on.

For the most vulnerable in British society nothing except a slaughtering and to live of complete suffering.

Why : Because David Cameron cares more about promoting his massive Ego on the world stage whilst deliberately increasing the suffering of those at home, especially the most vulnerable in society.

The most vulnerable in British society are being used and abused and completely irrelevant to this Coalition of Evil.

• Caroline BowesCaroline Bowes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that hitting the most vulnerable is particularly cruel. Who could disagree that it is a grave injustice? I urge 38 degrees to take up this campaign. I add that this is not just about a vulnerable groups of "other people". Anyone can become seriously ill or disabled at any time of their lives, so this campaign concerns all of us.

Few agree with the cuts.Letter to yesterdays Observer by 30 leading economists stated that an increase in state benefits would be good for the economy. People on low incomes have to spend what they get and this would boost retail/service sector.
        Cutting DLA particularly cruel because we are such a vulnerable group/

• stevesteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a sick country well live in when a financial crash caused by greedy bankers and the rich leads to an attack on some of the most vulnerable in society; disabled people. Not only are these changes cruel and unnecessary, they are in my view also part of a strategic move to distract attention from real issues, such as tax evasion by billionaires and corporations. However, the general populus do appear to have taken on board the lie that dla payments helped create the deficit. Given the press coverage and the lack of oppostion from the lame labour party this is not surprising.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Short-sighted as usual. Government and Local Authories rely on the fact that disabled people will not have the capacity to follow through on fair access to services. I know, I'm acting as an advocate for my daughter and the attitude is to mistrust medical reports and personal circumstances that have a great bearing on being able to live in the community, independently. This is compounded if the person is also a parent. I've found that involving solicitors to act on her behalf has taken almost as much effort as dealing with the issues myself. I'm fit and able but am drained by the process. This coupled with the medical assessments that ATOS carry out which also ignore medical evidence and have contained falsehoods leading to declaring my daughter fit to work have culminated in her health deteriating substantially over the last 2 years. She is not given the chance to improve her health and circumstances as she is constantly under threat by the authorities.

• VanessaVanessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, the government sees benefit claimants, especially those not in paid work, as simply a drain on resources and since certain papers have made claimants look like lazy, cheating, scroungers who simply don't want to work not can't the government feels it can get away with using us benefit claimants (I'm a full time unpaid carer) to cut its budget deficit. The latest is they want to cut the number of appeals so instead of changing the assessment to make it work better they are penalising those that appeal by cutting benefit until appeal has succeeded so as to scare people off of appealing.

Now that save the NHS has failed perhaps 38 degrees will turn their attention to this campaign instead.

Now that save the NHS has failed perhaps 38 degrees will turn their attention to this campaign instead.

• Shirley PollakShirley Pollak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Antisynthetase Syndrome with Interstitial Lung disease (Myositis - Anti jo-1 positive). I have been working since I was 18 and I now found myself disabled at the age of 42... I was dismissed from work last week and if I lose my care and mobility disability allowances the battle will inevitably continue with dire consequences for my family...

• jo13564jo13564 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm beginning to lose interest in this site as it seems they will fly enthusiastically into any campaign that's easy to gain support for but shy away from benefits campaigns as they only affect the poorest and most vulnerable in society, with the Tory rhetoric about 'scroungers and the feckless poor' we aren't that popular at the moment. To place badgers above the disabled just shows me where their priorities lie. Populist rubbish!

1 2 6 8 10 32 33

Feedback and Knowledge Base