I suggest a campaign about ...

A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society.

DLA is by the DWP's own admission at least 20% under claimed and maybe as much as 40%. It is subject to a misinformation campaign by the Condems and their allies in the gutter press. Its abolition and replacement is nothing but a cost cutting exercise by the Condems and will cause huge suffering to disabled people and their carers. The abolition for DLA for those in care homes is positively cruel and should be opposed by everyone with a social conscience.

6,327 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mikeob2mikeob2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Johnny ChattertonJohnny Chatterton shared a merged idea: A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society..  ·   · 

652 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cliffordclifford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well as we all know there is only 1 option left anonymous they are'nt going to listen and really don't care about words so its we go to the streets big movement big enough to get media coverage or roll over and take the kicking

• Linda JonesLinda Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This government are intent on giving the disabled a 'good kicking'. Pity they wouldn't concentrate on the real robbers ie those who evade tax.

• LouiseLouise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Personal Independent Payment that comes into force by the DWP in April 2013 is also unfair on people who have life long illnesses in which they can have remissions as well for a short time before another re-lapse with their illness, as it states that these people will either be awarded the lower rate or loose PIP all together & then have to re-apply when they have a relapse with their life long illness. Once a person who has a life long illness has been award the benefit they should not be givin a lower rate or loose it altogether when in remission at all when it is only for short periods.

a little bit off subject but has anyone noticed how they sit up and pay attension when the fuel tanker drivers kick off perhaps its because they can bring the country to a halt and they always scream your not playing fair i would say that situation is a lesson to all of us the easiest way to hurt a greedy man is hit him in the pocket

the government turns it back on anyone poor of the rich border and as i have said before the old sick disabled and injured are a perfect target for any cowardly attack its all about putting people down to feel good about themselves money has replaced honour integrity strength of character morals the whole idea is give the working class nothing in order to keep it all for themselves petitions protests public outcry mean nothing to them they are boiling the people pot and to be honest its about time the lid blew off unfortunately if they won't listen then you have to make them listen

• dennis.phillips@btinternet.comdennis.phillips@btinternet.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This action by the Condems is Condemming poor and disabled people to a life of severe poverty and misery. The payment they received is helping them to have a slighly better life but is by no means the lap of luxury. This Government is a disgrace. Arrogance and total disregard for the disadvantaged of our society is appalling. This country before long if someone somwhere doesn't do something and stand up and be counted will ruined beyond repair. If this is a civilised society why does the Government turn it back on the disadvantaged.

• RoseRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unite did I believe publicise it 4 months or so ago, and I recently joined. You just need to go to their website and I think you have to join under students as I believe they had not updated their website to reflect the unemployed/sick but you just fill in the details as if you are and you get the discounted rate. It is quite good as it also gives you accidental death insurance cover which would help pay for a funeral. Plus their are a few other advantages as well as the opportunity if enough unemployed and disabled people join to have their voice heard.

Good idea Clifford. I wonder if Spartacus could expand into this role. Other disability charities are too tied to gov funding to have real influence

• RoseRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe unite have offered for a couple of pounds a month the chance for the unemployed to join and make their voice heard. An opportunity their to ask them to help push support for those on benefits.

i think the time has come to form a peoples union who's sole purpose is to defend the disabled old sick and injured with members of the legal profession involved to get our voices heard in courts of welfare law and the courts of human rights it saddens me to see people from all walks of life being punished for no more than being disabled we now live under the rich mans dictatorship

well they have pushed through the legal aid reforms under the financial priviledge law overturned house of lords amendments so april2013 you will no longer be able to use legal aid to fight bad benefit decisions which tells us the decisions will get worse we now have a power mad dictatorship whose sole intention is to grind us into submission we need to get to the european court of human rights and show europe how our so called government are bullying the disabled old sick and injured of this country they do not care about public outcry petitions or opposition so we must bring the laws they are using under scrutiny the gloves need to come off now there's have been off for along time now taking to the streets or going to europe is our only options now talk means nothing to them we have now become a source of amusment and mockery to keep them happy

Apart from the rich making a mint, austerity and the deficit are the excuse the Tories/Lib Dems are using to lower the standard of living and income of the ordinary person in the UK. Their aim is to instigate a race to the bottom so that our standards become comparable to China or India.

Reducing benefits while stigmatising claimants is part of this movement. Its a case of divide and rule. Worker against worker, claimant against claimant. Ordinary people fighting amongst themselves for a reducing piece of the cake while the rich hide their cash in the Cayman islands and dont pay tax.

There is little hope for human rights in the UK so maybe we should go straight to Europe for help. Either that or start demonstrating in the streets.

they have just pushed legal aid changes under financial priviledge again overturned house of lords amendments so by april2013 people will no longer get legal aid to fight bad benefit decisions
        the house of lords is not a viable source of resistance against cuts nobody is standing in there way financial priviledge has opened up a complete and utter dictatorship for them petitions protests and outcry mean nothing our only way now is to put direct pressure on the financial privil
        rules they are abusing for there own ends i have signed pats petition

bills are getting pushed through under financial priviledge to save money come on what it really means is our saving is taking it of all of you the contracts are signed there millionaire status is set in stone all they are doing is making us pay bullies and cowards always pick on the weak and injured we have to show them disabled or not we still have more integrity than them the one thing we can do that they can't is stand proud and with determination and effort we can have the living standards we deserve chin up linda

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's makes me very sad and frustrated that this is going on, and the affect this having and is going to have on disabled people , many of us have enough to deal with living with a disability.

thank you linda had a look at link maybe spartacus report could be a platform to build on i just feel the time is right to pursue the human rights angle in a more robust manner its quite clear now we have a dictatorship to deal with wealth and power are a bad combination for all of us now

Feedback and Knowledge Base