I suggest a campaign about ...

ESOL funding

Funding for English language lessons is about to be slashed - this will affect tens of thousands of learners and their families amking integration and work impossible for many.

781 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kate Lkate L shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Siobhan MarkwellSiobhan Markwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ESOL classes are vital to integrate immigrants into our society, to enable them to access jobs and services. In a globalised economy, the links they have with their home countries could also be vital to Britain's future economic prosperity. Did you know, only 3.6% of new applicants for NI numbers go on to claim benefits in the following 6 months!

• vivviv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ESOL is of crucial importance for the inegration of migrants

• PhilBPhilB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These cuts hit some of the most vulnerable people in the country, and will serve to INCREASE benefit dependency rather than allow people to realise their potential and contribute to the country.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this move is going to hit children and their language and literacy development. Children in families where English is not the first language will suffer hugely and schools will be left to cope with the families language needs without any addition to their budgets. My students feel as if their voices are being taken away.

• Elizabeth GoldmanElizabeth Goldman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These cuts make a mockery of the government's so-called policy of helping people integrate, find employment and contribute to UK society.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base