I suggest a campaign about ...

Jeremy Hunt’s judgement regarding the Murdock BSkyB proposed takeover

Following Vince Cable’s ill advised comments to undercover reporters, the final decision regarding News Corp’s proposed takeover of BSkyB now lies in the hands of Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt. The reason Cable lost this power was due to the impartiality of his comments, describing his ‘war on Murdock’. However, his replacement Hunt, has views on the opposite end of the spectrum: “we should recognise is that he has probably done more to create variety and choice in British TV than any other single person” (http://bit.ly/3bdXa7). This places the 38 Degrees campaign in a worse situation than previously, and is something that must be fought against.

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lauren HealeyLauren Healey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gordon CraigGordon Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should we consolidate our votes to make them count and pick a campaign that best suits the "No Confidence/ General election vote?" I personally feel no confidence says it all and should then lead to a general election.

• Andy BriceAndy Brice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just who has decided on the official correct opinion that it is okay to be biased in favour of Newscorp, but not against?

Is the problem here that secretaries of state mustn't criticise Murdoch, or that they mustn't criticise any corporations? Either way, it needs to be fought against.

A war with Murdoch sounds like a just war to me.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Tens of thousands of the British public petitioned on the side of Cable. None of us petitioned on the side Hunt. The move to sack Cable goes against the mood of the electorate.

2) If Cable's personal affections influence his judgment. Then it only follows Hunt's will do the same.

This is not a democracy. This is a hypocrisy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base