I suggest a campaign about ...

The coalition "are considering" assessing children in their DLA shake up.

In the DLA reform white paper they are "considering" reassessing disabled children, as well as adults. Not only do they want to cut the benefits bill by chucking of disabled adults they want to do the same to children. They have also sneeked in an item on carers allowance "they are looking at it" ie going to means test or abolish. In this proposal you also have the right to "ask" for an appeal. Not saying you will get an appeal, but you have the right to ask for one. Picking on the disabled and vulnerable is discusting.

2,494 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    crazymumcrazymum shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Andrew Patrick Longworth-DamesAndrew Patrick Longworth-Dames shared a merged idea: A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society.  ·   · 
    Johnny ChattertonJohnny Chatterton responded  · 

We’re looking into a technical problem with the suggest a campaigns system.

Last night we merged this with another DLA campaign after being asked to by the people who had originally created the suggestions. This follows on from previous problems we had with merging campaigns.

Unfortunately last night there was a problem with the system and when we merged the campaigns thousands of votes were removed from the total.

I’m really sorry this happened. We’re looking into this and trying to sort it out.

585 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarionMarion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To remove your vote go to the top left hand of page where it says number of votes 1974, underneath is an orange box saying three votes or whatever you voted, click on this and it will give you the vote options and you can take your votes back to zero.
        Its really sad that 38 degrees seem to think that treating people with the same lack of respect as the government is OK.

• GHabbyGHabby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I remove my votes,whilst I sympathise of course this is NOT what I voted for yesterday.I feel I've been scammed

• mikeob2mikeob2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm removing my votes from this campaign in protest at the arbitrary removal of a related but rather more significant campaign, and it's arbitrary amalgamation with this one.

Sorry crazymum, but this is necessary action.

• GHabbyGHabby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was not what I signed for just 21 hours ago ? It was this

"
        A campaign to stop the abolition of Disability Living Allowance - the measure of civilised society.
        DLA is by the DWP's own admission at least 20% under claimed and maybe as much as 40%. It is subject to a misinformation campaign by the Condems and their allies in the gutter press. Its abolition and replacement is nothing but a cost cutting exercise by the Condems and will cause huge suffering to disabled people and their carers. The abolition for DLA for those in care homes is positively cruel and should be opposed by everyone with a social conscience. "
        Why has it been switched to
        "The coalition "are considering" assessing children in their DLA shake up."

I think someone should from 38 Degree's should explain ????

• Andrew Patrick Longworth-DamesAndrew Patrick Longworth-Dames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN. MUCH AS I SYMPATHISE THIS IS A COMPLAINT NOT A CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WAS MY ORIGINAL CAMPAIGN IDEA BYPASSED? 38 DEGREES ARE BEHAVING JUST LIKE ANT AND DEC! I HAVE ASKED FOR MY MEMBERSHIP TO BE CANCELLED

• judyjudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am appalled that this has happened - this campaign was at the top of the list a couple of days ago - what are you playing at 38 degrees?!!!!

• Andrew Patrick Longworth-DamesAndrew Patrick Longworth-Dames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As my original campaign idea has been apparently amalgamated under this heading I am withdrawing my support as this is much less focused. In my opinion the campaign must be focused on the retention of DLA. This is not even a campaign idea just a complaint!!!! Best of luck.

• judyjudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone at 38 degrees please tell me why the title of this campaign has changed - and why all the people who voted for the campaign entitled "A campaign to stop the abolition of disability living allowance" have apparently now had their votes and comments transferred to this campaign? This is not on. We voted for a specific campaign, you can't just suddenly change the title and the emphasis without any explanation or consultation!!!! I thought this was a member-led group!!! Please explain what's going on!

• MarionMarion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found it objectionable that 28 degrees have deleted the campaign against the abolition on DLA without explanation to any of the nearly 2000 people who wrote to support and vote for it. And It now has become the much more politically palatable subject of children assessments and what happens to the adults is completely irrelevant to this organisation. Though it would be good if it at least shows some measure of integrity and 38 degrees admit that they are more interested in political credos than peoples genuine social issues also I do not agree that the three votes which I made for the previous campaign apparently are now a vote for the above idea with neither my agreement or consultation . I thought vote fixing was illegal! On that basis I have removed my votes from a campaign I do not support and did not vote for. You really are hypocrites

• mary andersonmary anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the consultation on dla ends today but not all people have heard there was a consultation ,,, wonder why ,, the media have also turned there back on us ,,, what future ,,, big society,,,

the consultation on dla ends today but not all people have heard there was a consultation ,,, wonder why ,, the media have also turned there back on us ,,, what future ,,, big society,,,

• Yvonne AnthonyYvonne Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps an MP might like to live with me for a week and only be allowed to do what I can do, they would soon change their minds. I can't afford all the help I need, I can't even think of using the care system because of its costs. I have to pay for everything. If DLA went or reduced I could not support myself.

• CatherineCatherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The conseratives have hacked away at human rights and demonised sections of society in the Uk every time they come into power, but they still get voted in! You get what you pay for, when will the voters ever learn? I hoped that I would never see a conservative government again in my life time. I didn't vote libdem either.

• DinoDino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every government, no matter what party is in power, will always attack the weakest, those unable to defend themselves because the government needs less resources to carry out the attack than if they went after those with the ability to defend themselves, THE CONDEMS ARE THE NAZI PARTY OF THE 21st CENTURY

• Rob jonesRob jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not logical nor helpful the DLA is the only way disabled people can stand a hope of been part of society.Taking this away would in my view be a breach of the human rights convention.

• NLATNLAT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's happened to the Black Triangle Facebook page and blog?

• D.W.P. ExaminationD.W.P. Examination commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The present Government are clearly looking at the destruction of the Welfare Benefit system. We must work together to stop this now or there will be nothing left for thise who become ill later in life and in particular our childern. Please think about it before you condemn the sicjk and disabled as the ConDem Government have done, you may well be letting your rights to sickness and disability benefits go by going along with this scam. Please support us in our fight for our Human Rights, dignity and fair treatment as a minority group.

Feedback and Knowledge Base